Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: College Football 2011  (Read 21775 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2011, 06:12:46 pm »

I want you to know that I am on your team.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2011, 07:23:54 am »

I want you to know that I am on your team.

Which team is that?  The team that wants to fuck Kristen Wiig?  I'll join that team too.

I'm waiting for Paul to point out that it doesn't matter that Oregon had its BCS title hopes dashed tonight because it's not really a championship anyway. Come on dude, help a brother out.

You said it better than i could.

GO HOUSTON!

They cracked the top 10.  That's probably the best they could hope for.  I don't think a U of Houston team has ever been 11-0 before.

Their highest finish ever in the polls was 4th in 1976.  I saw that team play several games including a road game victory against SMU in the cotton bowl.  That was a great memory.  My family drove up from Houston that morning, all 5 of us, my parents, my brother, my sister and me.  i would have been 14 years old.  I remember it was a nice crisp sunny autumn day.  According to Wikipedia it was Oct. 16 and the Cougars won the game 29-6.

Of course all of their games were road games that season.  I don't know what brought this about, but when they joined the Southwest Conference that year they were required to play all of their conference home games the first two years at Rice Stadium.  I guess it was like a hazing ritual or something.  Didn't make much difference, they won the conference those first two years.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2011, 07:46:15 am »

The team that wants to fuck Kristen Schaal is my team.

Because I really like strange women.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2011, 08:31:03 pm »

I agreed with everything he said for six straight posts.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2011, 01:47:07 am »

I agreed with everything he said for six straight posts.

Wow, yeah. I didn't realize it till you pointed it out.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2011, 08:21:34 pm »

The Coogs are 12-0 and all anyone around here cares about is the also rans UT and A&M.  Apparently their 118 year old rivalry is coming to an end because A&M is going to a different conference next season.  Boo fuck*ng hoo.

I think I'm going to the CUSA Championship next Saturday.  Hope I can get tickets.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2011, 09:27:26 pm »

LSU looked a tad bit shaky there, but it appears they're going to try to avoid creating any (more) controversy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2011, 03:28:11 am »

ESPN currently predicting Houston vs. Michigan in the Sugar Bowl.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2011, 07:49:35 am »

I should stop mixing intoxicants. I've noticed that when people post drunk/otherwise there are serious spelling errors. I think I reduce those because I am really self-conscious especially when I'm drunk/otherwise. Grammar, that's another story.
You're doing it wrong.  When you're intoxicated you're not supposed to care about crap like punctuation.  That's why the posts go to hell.  Also, garrulousness, thick fingers, and a sudden desire to post on every topic before you lose consciousness. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2011, 04:09:43 pm »

I do the same thing as miles, I have to say. Self-consciousness.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2011, 05:42:36 pm »

Of course there comes a point in the evening (or day) where I am completely unable to type or talk, but I've given up long before then, and it takes a while to get there. I can usually tell well in advance when things are going to go really bad, and make an effort to go somewhere where I can puke and sleep it off. This is why I've only been in one fight.

One New Year's Eve several years ago my friends were amused that the first thing I ordered at the last bar we made it to was a water. I don't remember this. Apparently I'm a pretty responsible drunk.

ESPN currently predicting Houston vs. Michigan in the Sugar Bowl.

Please Auburn beat Alabama. Even though it won't do anything for Oregon after last week, it will be necessary in order to fuck things up.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2011, 06:49:55 pm »

Please Auburn beat Alabama. Even though it won't do anything for Oregon after last week, it will be necessary in order to fuck things up.

I'm for anything that fucks shit up.  BCS sucks.

One of my Facebook friends jeered at me yesterday

Quote
Well, if the toughest team on my schedule was UCLA.....
I mean.. whoo hoo... you beat Tulane.

Well then, why rank them in the top 10?

Let's have a playoff, let 'em get booted in the first round if they ain't that good. 

The history of sport is filled with underdogs winning.  There are no Cinderella stories in the BCS.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2011, 08:52:36 pm »

I'm for anything that fucks shit up.  BCS sucks.

Let's have a playoff, let 'em get booted in the first round if they ain't that good. 

The history of sport is filled with underdogs winning.  There are no Cinderella stories in the BCS.

This. And this. Also this.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2011, 10:14:09 pm »

Broadly, very broadly, teams don't get to choose who they play.

It is funny, though, that Georgia sucks when they're on BSU's schedule but they are really good when any other SEC team has to play them (and you can sub in anyone you want for Georgia/BSU in this sentence).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2011, 10:21:56 pm »

I hate Jessie Palmer.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up