Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calling Artcar Paul (Dekotora)  (Read 1542 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Calling Artcar Paul (Dekotora)
« on: September 08, 2011, 01:10:56 pm »

Did you know that in Japan there is a subculture of long-distance truckers who decorate their trucks?
http://pinktentacle.com/2010/10/dekotora-art-trucks/
If you did, I feel you are remiss in never having mentioned it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:07:27 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Calling Artcar Paul
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 04:02:25 pm »

Huh.  I really think this concept needs to be incorporated into Mario Cart in some way.  

Also, if I saw such a truck coming up behind me on the highway at night, I would probably lose my shit and crash.  They look like they're a danger to the other cars on the road.

Also, as a side note I once met a trucker named "the Viking" at a fast food restaurant, and he was quite a character (massive, and looked like a viking of course), but an all around good guy.  He told me all about the Trucker Buddies Program.  
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:09:11 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Calling Artcar Paul
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 04:06:40 pm »

Oh yeah, sorry Wombles.  I have been aware of that subculture for quite some time.  Those trucks are completely bad ass.  The insides are decorated too, by the way.  Some are like luxury apartments on the inside.  I wish someone would build one in this country.  That is something I would love to see.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Calling Artcar Paul (Dekotora)
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 04:30:33 pm »

Oh, I want to see pictures of the insides! Do you know of any? I have not gotten any work done yet today and if I start searching the internet for such a thing, there will be no hope.

I learned about these on an NHK English TV show that also featured a guy who decorated his bicycle to look like one of these trucks. Also of course people build miniature versions of them.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1]   Go Up