Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comic Recommendation: Teddy, Ethan Persoff  (Read 1744 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Comic Recommendation: Teddy, Ethan Persoff
« on: January 05, 2004, 05:22:56 am »

One comic I really enjoyed was Teddy, by Ethan Persoff.  I'm not sure how I came across this site, but his comics are brightly coloured and disturbing.  I had a feeling that it might appeal to achewoody types, so correct me if I'm wrong.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Comic Recommendation: Teddy, Ethan Persoff
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 05:47:25 am »

Man, it's like he illustrated my 1993.

Damn.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Comic Recommendation: Teddy, Ethan Persoff
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 06:18:15 am »

He's a cross between (dagnabbit my memory...) that particular popart guy, who used the dots and comic book style, and the guy who did Ren and Stimpy (the shape of some of the faces).
Not read enough to judge. Too tired.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Comic Recommendation: Teddy, Ethan Persoff
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 08:58:39 am »

Roy Lichtenstein and Krikfalusi.

Too tired to look up the correct spelling of either of those names.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Comic Recommendation: Teddy, Ethan Persoff
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 03:00:35 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Roy Lichtenstein and Krikfalusi.

Too tired to look up the correct spelling of either of those names.


But thankyou. My memory just gets continually worse. I'd worry about it, but I forget to, and well, there doesn't appear to be much I can do but become one of those quiz show contestants who runs over everything they know twice a day. Sounds kind of boring to me.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up