Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 64718 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 02:17:20 am »

So, in light of the death of the creator in a freak accident yesterday, I wanted to share The City Museum with you guys. Probably the coolest thing mankind has ever made. It is worth coming to St Louis just to see it. Come, and I will ensnare you with our charming architecture, cheap rent, and great craft beer culture.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, 02:33:20 am »

So, in light of the death of the creator in a freak accident yesterday, I wanted to share The City Museum with you guys. Probably the coolest thing mankind has ever made. It is worth coming to St Louis just to see it. Come, and I will ensnare you with our charming architecture, cheap rent, and great craft beer culture.

THIS.  The City Museum is c.o.o.l.

Sad about the guy, though.  Didn't he roll a Bobcat or something like that?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 02:50:38 am »

So, in light of the death of the creator in a freak accident yesterday, I wanted to share The City Museum with you guys. Probably the coolest thing mankind has ever made. It is worth coming to St Louis just to see it. Come, and I will ensnare you with our charming architecture, cheap rent, and great craft beer culture.

Damn, that is sad. I went there a few years back when it was the evening's entertainment for a conference. You may think you've had a lot of fun there, but if you haven't been there with a bunch of drunken ichthyologists, you don't know what you're missing.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 04:04:28 am »

It is insane that I spend a lot of time sitting around saying how I am bored, when I live within driving/bus/walking on a really nice day distance from this place.

Yeah, the preliminary theory is that his bulldozer flipped over and rolled down a hill. Apparently they found him in a right-side up bulldozer with injuries suggesting it had flipped?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 04:10:36 am »

I hold the superstitious belief that the sites I visit on my iPhone are some how more meaningful because my iPhone is the future.  Oh the magic of technology!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, 04:22:30 am »

So, in light of the death of the creator in a freak accident yesterday, I wanted to share The City Museum with you guys. Probably the coolest thing mankind has ever made. It is worth coming to St Louis just to see it. Come, and I will ensnare you with our charming architecture, cheap rent, and great craft beer culture.

What do you do if I show up?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 05:25:16 am »

Tell my girlfriend to lock herself in the basement.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 05:44:19 am »

You might want to find a spot next to her. (Apologies - I been drinking again.)

Seriously, though, I bet your girlfriend is absurdly hot.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2011, 05:45:37 am »

I am having a fuckload of a good time, going around to open mics around Brooklyn and Manhattan, performing little eight minute sets where I read one angry left-wing political poem and then one goofy parody song acapella.

I see no way to make a goddamned dime off it but it feels so good. People seem to LIKE it and it is FUN.

This is my random thought that I wanted to share.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 12:04:45 pm »

I see no way to make a goddamned dime off it but it feels so good. People seem to LIKE it and it is FUN.

yeah, muhfuckah!  happiness rocks, aint?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2011, 01:17:28 pm »

Tell my girlfriend to lock herself in the basement.

Can.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 01:59:51 pm »

It makes no sense how attractive my girlfriend is. I guess it helps that I am a very handsome young man.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2011, 06:32:13 pm »

Yes

This is the only way to pop popcorn.  I only know about the olive oil thing because I was out of butter.  I also popped it in bacon grease one time.  But butter is definitely the way to go.  I'll bet mayo would work in a pinch.

I tried to pop popcorn in butter, but the butter burned before the first kernel popped. I had it on medium heat. What did I do wrong?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2011, 07:49:21 pm »

I think it's really better to pop in oil and add butter later.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2011, 07:51:48 pm »

I tried to pop popcorn in butter, but the butter burned before the first kernel popped. I had it on medium heat. What did I do wrong?

I think you answered your own question.  You popped it on medium heat.  Turn it up and your kernels will pop before the butter burns.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29   Go Up