Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 64858 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #360 on: May 24, 2012, 02:21:56 am »

What is the deal with Dilbert's tie?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #361 on: May 24, 2012, 03:02:39 am »

What is the deal with Dilbert's tie?

It's a phallic symbol.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #362 on: May 24, 2012, 04:55:08 am »

It's a phallic symbol.

is whats-his-face trying to tell us that dilbert has a curvy dick?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #363 on: May 24, 2012, 07:59:18 pm »

I believe Scott Adams said that Dilbert's curvy tie was emblematic of his slight uptight nature, and if and when it was ever hanging normally that meant he had finally gotten laid.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #364 on: May 29, 2012, 04:14:38 pm »

If I had a nickel for every time I want to shout "OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE," I'd have a shitload of nickels.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #365 on: May 29, 2012, 04:52:16 pm »

It occurred to me that I say "Oh dear" ironically. Like if someone tells me something or gives me a warning about something they think I should be offended by. It's kinda my way of not engaging someone. Like "Judy is showing way too much cleavage." "Oh dear." "Judy is cheating on her husband." "Oh dear." "Tom likes to watch porn videos." "Oh dear."
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #366 on: May 29, 2012, 05:41:30 pm »

My thought in that situation is always "that must be really hard for you" or "I'm sorry you had to go through that." Usually at work. I do not say it out loud.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #367 on: May 29, 2012, 06:48:12 pm »

this made me think of smick:

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #368 on: May 31, 2012, 03:17:32 am »

I guess it is correct or whatever, but people who pronounce it "Julia Louie-Dreyfuss" instead of "Julia Lewis-Dreyfuss" seem pretentious to me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #369 on: May 31, 2012, 06:59:55 pm »

I guess it is correct or whatever, but people who pronounce it "Julia Louie-Dreyfuss" instead of "Julia Lewis-Dreyfuss" seem pretentious to me.

Look at you, pronouncing people's names correctly! How could you BE so cocky?! You are so ARROGANT!
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #370 on: May 31, 2012, 07:14:54 pm »

* Choop buries seinfeld dvds in backyard
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #371 on: June 03, 2012, 04:21:23 am »

Quote from: Asherdan
The B-52's. I gotta make a show of theirs.

Yeah, I gotta shake out my cushions to get to the Wilco show in Cooperstown.

Being as I'm gonna be up here in the upstate for at least a year or two, that'd probably the closest they're getting for a long ass time.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #372 on: June 04, 2012, 03:01:09 am »



I don't understand what this is, but I like it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #373 on: June 05, 2012, 01:02:13 am »

Whatever happened to getting jiggy with it? The Willenium barely got off the ground before suddenly the world was a much less jiggy conducive environment. I feel robbed.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #374 on: June 05, 2012, 01:12:07 am »

@inev: I believe it's a reference to these 1-panel comics:



Also re: spare time you should toally volunteer at a local bike collective two days a week. Quickest way to learn bike maintenance is to work on as many as possible. Plus once you learn all the basics you can begin to pass that knowledge on. I've had quite a bit of spare time lately and I have been studying this book and spending as much time as possible split between two local collectives.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29   Go Up