Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amanda Van Rhyn  (Read 2755 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Amanda Van Rhyn
« on: September 22, 2011, 02:09:19 pm »

OG member and former admin.  She left us awhile back and I can't now remember her screen name.  She was a grad student studying science of some sort.  I remember her doing an internship in a lab where she spent a lot of time with mice and rats. 

Did she delete her account altogether?  I checked the member list.  I was sure I would remember her username if I saw it.  I know she signed up on the first day like so many of us Dumbrella refugees.  But I don't see her there.

Anyway, Facebook tells me it's her birthday.  So... Happy Birthday young lady.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Amanda Van Rhyn
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 02:11:34 pm »

Vadore!  Her screen name was Vadore!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Amanda Van Rhyn
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 02:16:35 pm »

I accidentally deleted her account when I was trying to change her status.  I didn't mean nuthin' by it.

Happy Birthdy, V-Adore.  C'mon back and visit!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Amanda Van Rhyn
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 04:37:52 pm »

Maybe next time she Googles herself she will find this thread and come and say hi.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Amanda Van Rhyn
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 07:35:29 pm »

Yeah, all her posts come up with no profile attached, like bacon-man's do. I kept meaning to ask you guys why she felt like she had to do that. I never knew her real name. I hope she's still rocking. I liked her.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Amanda Van Rhyn
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 07:36:38 pm »

Also, this:

I accidentally deleted her account when I was trying to change her status.

is kind of dickish. Are you angling for the fearless leader position? He's just taking a break; he's not dead.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Amanda Van Rhyn
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 08:02:59 pm »

is kind of dickish.

It was an accident!  I really didn't mean to!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Amanda Van Rhyn
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 12:24:01 am »

There's accidents, and then there's "it'd be unfortunate if you were to have an accident".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Amanda Van Rhyn
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 09:25:14 am »

Her Pinball mixtape was the first I received sweet as the dickens. Got me through many a graveyard shift. Perfect dawn coming up and I stink of petroleum and floor sanitiser music.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Amanda Van Rhyn
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 12:41:39 pm »

Floor sanitizer music.  !
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Amanda Van Rhyn
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 12:58:43 pm »

Possibly some inverted commas would have made that clearer. Or hyphens.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Amanda Van Rhyn
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 04:04:59 pm »

No, no, that is perfect.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Amanda Van Rhyn
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 07:38:09 am »

It's been my week off. There was some drinking going on.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up