I've looked into the other services, and even after the price increase, Netflix is absolutely the most content for the money, based on the shows I want to watch. But I also don't watch many movies, I mainly stream TV shows, and usually older ones at that. Netflix really seems to cater to nerds -- lots of sci-fi and documentaries -- which suits me fine. But I've looked into Amazon VOD (since we have prime) and they don't have as much of the stuff I want to watch as Netflix. They have very little, in fact, that isn't duplicated on Netflix, and they don't (yet) stream to my xBox, so they're of little use to me.
We seriously considered Hulu Plus -- we got a free trial and everything -- but we'd basically be paying $8/mo for 30 Rock, which we do get (just barely) over our antenna, but the picture is pretty bad. And last season, Netflix started adding 30 Rock episodes to streaming 3 days after they aired on NBC, so we were able to keep up with it that way if we missed it on broadcast.
I'm irritated enough about the queues not being integrated that I'll probably drop DVD services, though the game rental portion does give me pause. But we do like Wombat, movies sit around here for ages when they do come, so I'm thinking RedBox is the better option, on the rare occasion we do want to rent something. And, of course, we can rent movies through Zune on the xBox for a few bucks a pop, and we don't even have to get off the couch for that, so now that I think about it, screw RedBox, we'll probably just do that. Bigger selection anyway.
But yeah, physical media....ppphhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttt. Who needs it*.
*Not applicable to old, dusty books
P.S.: How much you wanna bet Quickster gets sold off within a year?