Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: twice - 06/01  (Read 4266 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
twice - 06/01
« on: January 06, 2004, 11:48:28 am »

haha. definitely saw that one coming with todd. still, didn't mean i laughed any less. the look of the last panels, with todd in the middle, is just priceless.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
twice - 06/01
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 01:22:03 pm »

That a toilet flushing gets you out of hell seems somehow subversive.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
twice - 06/01
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 02:05:07 pm »

And apparently Ray will re-enter the world with his thong around his ankles. I hope nobody's around.
Logged

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
twice - 06/01
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 02:29:08 pm »

okay, how many other people weren't really paying attention and thought todd's answer was right at first?

uh . . . i mean . . . i knew the answer was second!  yes i'm awesome!  *runs away*
Logged

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
twice - 06/01
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 02:46:58 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
And apparently Ray will re-enter the world with his thong around his ankles. I hope nobody's around.



oh... that's what the black thing was.
i was certainly puzzled.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
twice - 06/01
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 03:15:16 pm »

Quote from: "misterhaan"
okay, how many other people weren't really paying attention and thought todd's answer was right at first?

uh . . . i mean . . . i knew the answer was second!  yes i'm awesome!  *runs away*


I totally didn't get it either.  I had to set up a little racetrack on my desk with paper clips and re-enact the scene before I figured it out.  

But then, I'm a blonde polack*, so what do you expect?  

*And I had to go to dictionary.com to see if "polack" had one L or two...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
twice - 06/01
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 03:27:39 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "misterhaan"
okay, how many other people weren't really paying attention and thought todd's answer was right at first?

uh . . . i mean . . . i knew the answer was second!  yes i'm awesome!  *runs away*


I totally didn't get it either.  I had to set up a little racetrack on my desk with paper clips and re-enact the scene before I figured it out.  


Yes, I am also Idiotic.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
twice - 06/01
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2004, 03:47:30 pm »

I told the "passing second place" joke/riddle at the bar just last Sunday, and of the three people I told it to, two needed an explanation, and one of those two had a very hard time even after I explained.  

I guess they won't be getting out of hell any time soon...

Now on to my dumbness...  Is there something more to the "How much do most rocks weigh?" question?  If it's a joke or something, I don't get it.  If it's just a straight question, how is "about a pound" a correct answer?  Is it that once a rock is significantly smaller than one pound, it is a pebble, and if significantly larger it is a boulder?  

Help me out here.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
twice - 06/01
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2004, 03:48:36 pm »

I think it just works because it's Ray.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
twice - 06/01
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2004, 04:43:23 pm »

Actually, the "pound" is necessarily the answer to "how much do most rocks weight?" because the unit of measure that we call a "pound" was created because it was the weight of the average rock (or stone).

So Ray is indubitably correct.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
twice - 06/01
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2004, 05:03:23 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Actually, the "pound" is necessarily the answer to "how much do most rocks weight?" because the unit of measure that we call a "pound" was created because it was the weight of the average rock (or stone).


A stone is 14 pounds (rocks).

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
twice - 06/01
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2004, 06:28:16 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Now on to my dumbness...  Is there something more to the "How much do most rocks weigh?" question?  If it's a joke or something, I don't get it.  If it's just a straight question, how is "about a pound" a correct answer?  Is it that once a rock is significantly smaller than one pound, it is a pebble, and if significantly larger it is a boulder?


I considered creating a detailed hierarchy of rocks/stones/boulders but then i realized this would be even dorkier than the time Anarchy_Bowling and I  tried to decide the relative relationships between a crapload/buttload/assload/etc.

Also, at work I use F7 in Outlook to check words such as hierarchy since it's always open anyway.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
twice - 06/01
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2004, 07:18:05 pm »

At least this gives Onstad a concrete reason not to write Todd in for a while.

Anyway, I figured the rock thing was just sort of Zen. Ray said the first logical answer, and hey, got him out of Hell. As for the racetrack riddle, I think the wording is misleading; it's not entirely clear about whether the guy you're passing is in second place before or after you pass him. If it's after, Todd's right.
Logged

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
twice - 06/01
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2004, 07:57:51 pm »

Ray knows that most rocks weigh about a pound the same way that he knows that water is full of nutrients.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
twice - 06/01
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2004, 10:00:22 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
At least this gives Onstad a concrete reason not to write Todd in for a while.

Anyway, I figured the rock thing was just sort of Zen. Ray said the first logical answer, and hey, got him out of Hell. As for the racetrack riddle, I think the wording is misleading; it's not entirely clear about whether the guy you're passing is in second place before or after you pass him. If it's after, Todd's right.


If it's after, he's not in second place anymore.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up