Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Los Tres Rejes  (Read 7372 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Los Tres Rejes
« on: January 06, 2004, 03:47:11 pm »

Happy Three Kings Day!  Did anyone else put out their shoes last night?  Ours were filled with mini doughnuts and game boy games!  Catholics of Central/South American Origin, represent!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Los Tres Rejes
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 04:08:36 pm »

I wish I had known about this holiday.  Anything that involves putting doughnuts in your shoes has to be worth celebrating.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Los Tres Rejes
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 04:39:53 pm »

Actually, putting out your shoes is in celebration of St. Nicholas Day, which is December 6th.

BUT NICE TRY ANYWAY


And we Catholics call today "Little Christmas."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Los Tres Rejes
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 05:26:20 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Actually, putting out your shoes is in celebration of St. Nicholas Day, which is December 6th.

BUT NICE TRY ANYWAY


And we Catholics call today "Little Christmas."


Only if you're EUROPEAN

you EUROCENTRIST

Sheesh.  

My mother-in-law is from Argentina, and their tradition is as I described.  

DO NOT QUESTION MY AUTHORITY

(it makes me sad)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Los Tres Rejes
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 06:09:35 pm »

I celebrated Festivus on Saturday, but unfortuately it only lasted until 4 PM.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Los Tres Rejes
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 06:24:00 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I celebrated Festivus on Saturday, but unfortuately it only lasted until 4 PM.


I won all the Feats of Strength, but I took a beating on the Airing of the Grievances. We took our Festivus Pole down yesterday.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Los Tres Rejes
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 06:32:32 pm »

I am/was Catholic and never even heard of the Day of the Magi until I took high school spanish. The teacher claims that's they day that they exchange presents and it's more historically correct and blahblahallspanishteacherssuckassblahbl ah.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Los Tres Rejes
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2004, 07:19:50 pm »

Happy Epiphany! (This is Epiphany, right? I tend to get my para-Christmas holidays a little confused.)
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Los Tres Rejes
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2004, 07:32:10 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Happy Epiphany! (This is Epiphany, right? I tend to get my para-Christmas holidays a little confused.)


Wow!  I just suddenly realized that you're right!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Los Tres Rejes
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2004, 08:18:21 pm »

Oh yeah, it's Twelfth Night.  I used to celebrate that back in the good old days when I dressed up and pretended it was the Middle Ages.  Back before there was hardly an Internet.  Oh wait, I guess that really was the Middle Ages...
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Los Tres Rejes
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2004, 08:24:32 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Happy Epiphany! (This is Epiphany, right? I tend to get my para-Christmas holidays a little confused.)


Wow!  I just suddenly realized that you're right!

Oh, August. I'm not sure whether to stab you myself or let Jough's Quasi-Pseudo-Meta-Pun Detector catch up with you.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Los Tres Rejes
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2004, 09:05:48 pm »

'Twasn't a pun.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Los Tres Rejes
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2004, 09:15:41 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
...or let Jough's Quasi-Pseudo-Meta-Pun Detector catch up with you.

Quote from: "AugustWest"
'Twasn't a pun.


HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH THE GODDAMNED ARGUING OF PUN-RELATED SEMANTICS

WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH CATHOLICS PUTTING DOUGHNUTS IN SHOES

I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS OUTBURST PEOPLE
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Los Tres Rejes
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2004, 09:21:41 pm »

Smile like a doughnut.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Los Tres Rejes
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2004, 09:36:10 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Smile like a doughnut.


Now you're just trying to suck up to Alex Trebeck in case he's reading this.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up