Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's Get Meta  (Read 10119 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Let's Get Meta
« on: November 04, 2011, 01:34:10 am »

Is achewood ever coming back? I don't know. Yet there is a community here where ideas and Opinions are shared. Discussions are had. I just think it is interesting how a message board about a web comic that no longer exists continues to attract a group of people (not even "like minded" people) who perpetuate all sorts of topics. It is a cool thing, but an odd thing.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get Meta
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 01:48:05 am »

Funny you should bring this up. Assetbar is going out of business at the end of the year, but today, there is a new post. It says "New Strip: Test," and it is a photograph of a chicken dinner.  Chicken... tomorrow?

There are also folks lamenting the death of their community, and at the end, this post:

Quote
It...it doesn't have to be forever...I mean, we could...if enough of us wanted to....well, alright, dammit I'll just say it. There's always TOUAMB.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get Meta
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 01:52:25 am »

Achewood is/was a beautiful thing, but even from the start this messageboard has only been tangentially related to the strip that spawned it.  I don't know if it's due to the unusual circumstances under which it was created or if it's just the nature of people that like Achewood.

Quote
There's always TOUAMB

Oh no!

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get Meta
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 01:54:38 am »

The people who are left there seem perfectly civilized. And loyal to a fault.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get Meta
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 02:01:26 am »

Speaking of which, when did I get to the top of the list of the top ten posters? Jeez, maybe I need to get a life.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get Meta
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 02:03:10 am »

Speaking of which, when did I get to the top of the list of the top ten posters?

If you live long enough it's bound to happen.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Let's Get Meta
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 02:26:21 am »

I can't keep up, but I've been trying to make up ground. (It helps that I don't try too hard to come up with good posts.) I was working on the topic starter thing, too, but Paul's a fuck*ng beast at that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get Meta
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 02:28:16 am »

TOUAMB is my anti Facebook.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Let's Get Meta
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 02:39:10 am »

I have a thing where I don't get alerts from FB anymore and I really like that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get Meta
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 02:41:24 am »

Of course today I am working the fuck out of Facebook because I announced my new artcar magazine, but that's not on topic so I won't mention it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Let's Get Meta
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 02:49:45 am »

I knew about that shit way before FB did.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get Meta
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 03:05:03 am »

I knew about that shit way before FB did.

Of course I brang that shit to y'all first.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Let's Get Meta
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 03:06:25 am »

The last few people still hanging onto the dessicated corpse of the assbar coming this way?

Could be interesting.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Let's Get Meta
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 03:58:13 am »

I've looked at that thing maybe three times. Is GKA the only person who made it here from there? Or at least the only one who stuck? Because he's solid.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Let's Get Meta
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 04:12:38 am »

I've looked at that thing maybe three times. Is GKA the only person who made it here from there? Or at least the only one who stuck? Because he's solid.

most everyone else there thinks asherdan is a complete genitals-head and they wouldnt give this place the time of day.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up