Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: All right, all right, the comic.  (Read 7993 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
All right, all right, the comic.
« on: November 05, 2011, 08:36:11 pm »

The Endless Troubles of Johnny Tripod #2. Twenty interior pages of art plus covers and a free pin of either Johnny Tripod or L'Anana Francaise while supplies last.

The Premise head-shop receives a bong containing a genie and hilarity ensues.

Email me at littlefallsmets@hotmail.com with some kind of title line suggesting that it is about this, gimmie your address and I'll give you my address to which to send either a fiver in some form(three bucks for the comic, two for shipping) or your creative output in trade such as with wombles or... you know... if you'd already sent me a boatload of graphic novels as in another case.

Maybe I'll give you my parents' address upstate for sending checks or money orders in case we move back in three weeks because I am a terrible failure.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 09:57:56 pm »

Done and done. If you got #1, I'd like that too. I don't know if that came out here when I was gone or what.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 10:01:43 pm »

Number one came out in...

2003? And I don't have that many copies left, it was so long ago.

Worry not, though. While they are of a shared continuity, they are not of a continuing story. There is nothing you need to know from the first to enjoy this one.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 10:21:35 pm »

Hotmail still exists? Are you afraid of google?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 10:55:57 pm »

People still send money through the mail? Are you afraid of paypal?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 10:57:46 pm »

People still print comics on paper? Are you afraid of the Internet?


OK, I think we're done now.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 11:13:58 pm »

People still snark?

Number one came out in...

2003? And I don't have that many copies left, it was so long ago.

Worry not, though. While they are of a shared continuity, they are not of a continuing story. There is nothing you need to know from the first to enjoy this one.

I didn't really want a copy for fear of losing the thread. I'm not expecting James Joyce all up ins.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 06:39:26 am »

People still snark?

Who am I kidding? I mail a check in for my car payment every month.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 02:33:27 pm »

Who am I kidding? I mail a check in for my car payment every month.

I pay my bills by directing thoughts at my implant.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 06:14:54 pm »

I dispatched an email and did not get a response. Can I assume one will be forthcoming? Can I assume you feel I don't deserve a copy of the comic? Can I assume I should get mine from Paul?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 07:19:50 pm »

I also emailed, so my guess is The Dude is processing a high volume of orders.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 07:35:57 pm »

I also emailed, so my guess is The Dude is processing a high volume of orders.

I hope he doesn't forget us now that he's become a big deal.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 08:37:59 pm »

I was a bad listener and sent him a PM through this board instead. Also no response. Maybe (hopefully not) he's moving again?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 08:43:14 pm »

I have learned from more than one person that PMs can sometimes sit unread for months. This may not be his situation, though.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 09:02:53 pm »

I haven't received a response either.

Can somebody tell me again why he can't use paypal?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up