Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: All right, all right, the comic.  (Read 7997 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 08:50:24 pm »

I didn't really get why any of them liked particular bands. Except that guy who likes the 'mats, because they are the best band.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 08:52:08 pm »

I... have no idea who to send it to that would review it for me?

I'm very new at this.

If anyone wants multiple copies, just mention it in the e-mail and... uhm... I don't know, maybe four bucks for additional copies instead of five because of bulk shipping?

And if anyone has ideas on how to get it to reviewer, I'm open to suggestions.

I have done video game reviews for a site that also reviews comics. They love indie stuff. Let me get in touch with the editor of that department and find out where you should send it.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 10:04:00 pm »

Thanks for the help, jayelle!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 10:22:00 pm »

I didn't really get why any of them liked particular bands. Except that guy who likes the 'mats, because they are the best band.

Not even Lucy?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2011, 05:44:53 am »

Oh, crap! That one was out of the frame of my browser.

Most people don't know about the plotline where Lucy murders Schroeder. Controversial.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2011, 07:40:11 am »

All the orders I have as of tonight are going in the mail tomorrow!

Anyone wants to order one, it is still totally totally possible. Just e-mail me with your address as above.

(Yesterday, I gave one to Matt Groening at a comic show and though he'll probably never read it, that's just cool.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2011, 11:39:50 am »

That's really cool.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2011, 01:23:55 pm »

(Yesterday, I gave one to Matt Groening at a comic show and though he'll probably never read it, that's just cool.)

Oh, that is cool. I gave my first book to a few writers at a mystery conference - two mostly just for networking and the third because I really like him - but stupidly passed up the chance to give one to Sue Grafton, who was the most famous person there and I've not only read all her books, I've even read her father's obscure out of print books. I'm still kicking myself. Never wimp out on those opportunities.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2011, 02:48:36 pm »

The neat thing was, like, he was just... at... this little indie comics show in Williamsburg, just there as another festival goer.

It's not like I waited in line for an autograph or paid thirty bucks or something so he felt obligated to take it, we were just shopping at the same table that sold really elaborate pop-up books.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2011, 03:07:50 pm »

Even braver of you to give it to him then. I'm getting better at that sort of thing, but it takes guts.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2011, 10:47:46 pm »

The neat thing was, like, he was just... at... this little indie comics show in Williamsburg, just there as another festival goer.

It's not like I waited in line for an autograph or paid thirty bucks or something so he felt obligated to take it, we were just shopping at the same table that sold really elaborate pop-up books.

Fuck, he's from Portland - if you had given him mine, we could have saved the postage.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2011, 11:27:47 pm »

As much as I can be a Hamlet-type asshole about long-process decisions?

On the subject of one-action leaps to action, I can kinda be a little bit of a shameless badass.

I think it's also why I have no stage fright ever.

If I can get myself to the moment of truth, I can get things done. But months-long processes, I have problems maintaining that momentum.

I am a welder, you know, I am not a blacksmith. I can go in and be all BZZT. I am good at the BZZT of shamelessness.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2011, 05:55:13 am »

Here's one for all you Paypal haters.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: All right, all right, the comic.
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2011, 04:38:22 pm »

Here's one for all you Paypal haters.

That's fuck*ng horrible.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up