Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I am: THE FERMULE  (Read 33251 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« on: January 06, 2004, 09:01:59 pm »

I just found out that I'm going to be on Jeopardy.  I supposed to be in LA for filming on 2/4.

Woo frikking HOO!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 09:33:52 pm »

If this doesn't deserve a new Title of the Week for you I don't know what does.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 09:37:17 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
If this doesn't deserve a new Title of the Week for you I don't know what does.


May I suggest "Mr. Guy", as (a) they provided Trebek's snappy wardrobe for many years, back in the moustache days, and (b) come on, it's Mr. Guy.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 09:42:50 pm »

Egad!  That's seven kinds of rad, at least.  Do tell when it's going to be on TV.
Logged
goose means greedy

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 09:43:29 pm »

Promise me that if you get a Daily Double in a category you're really good at, you'll shout "Bet the farm, Alex!"  I've always wanted to do that.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 10:11:13 pm »

Mega Congrats!  Let us know when we should have our VCRs ready...Does this mean that the show you appear on will definitely be aired?  I don't know how these things work, except that my grandparents were supposed to be on Phil Donahue for being married over 70 years and they taped it but it never aired.  I can't imagine why Jeopardy! would do that, though.  But I ramble.  

So anyway.  Let us know, and break a leg!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 11:31:45 pm »

Someone has to have a capture card, and record and divx this for me to download! I never get to see Jeopardy let alone watch it when someone I kinda know is on it.
Damn, and I like Trebeck! He doesn't foil me!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2004, 02:34:17 am »

"I'll take "Achewood Message Board Members" for $1,200, Alex."

*bling*

[ Jough ]

"Who is 'Someone Who's Rooting For Me To Kick Ass on Jeopardy'?"

CORRECT!

You can be assured that we will be giving you a new Jeopardy-themed title every few days until the show airs.

Congratulations, Monsieur August.  Kick nine kinds of Canadian ass.

V-Adore

  • Guest
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2004, 05:07:46 am »

You had better kick some ass, August. I'll be rooting for you, and I will find a way to watch in this television-sparse dorm, so don't suck, okay?

If you have to totally blow a question, at least make your answer "the fermule" or "the man who invented Halloween."
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2004, 06:49:54 am »

At the very least, on one of your turns, try to pick "The c*ck Mightier" for some value.


Just to see what happens. They won't kick you off or anything.

Best of luck!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2004, 02:49:02 pm »

Hell Yeah August, that is totally bad ass.

BTW, How do you get to be on that show?  I assume you have to qualify because you rarely see any dummies up there.  I mean, most of the contestants seem to know their shit pretty damn well.

If I were on there it would go something like this....


I Lost On Jeopardy
Weird-Al-Yankovic


I was there to match my intellect on national tv
Against a plumber, oh, and an architect, both with a phd
I was tense, I was nervous, I guess it just wasn’t my night
[Alex Trebek] gave the answers
Oh, but I couldn’t get the questions right, -ight, -ight

I lost on jeopardy, baby (oooh)
I lost on jeopardy, baby (oooh)

Well, I knew I was in trouble now
My hope of winning sank
Oh, ’cause I got the daily double now
And then my mind went blank
I took potpourri for one hundred
And then my head started to spin
Well, I’m givin’ up Don Pardo
Just tell me now what I didn’t win, yeah, yeah

I lost on jeopardy, baby (oooh)
I lost on jeopardy, baby (oooh)

That’s right, Al--you lost. and let me tell you what you didn’t win: a twenty volume set of the encyclopedia international, a case of turtle wax, and a year’s supply of rice-a-roni, the San Francisco treat. but that’s not all. you also made yourself look like a jerk in front of millions of people. you brought shame and disgrace to your family name for generations to come. you don’t get to come back tomorrow. you don’t even get a lousy copy of our home game. you’re a complete loser!

Don’t know what I was thinkin’ of
I guess I just wasn’t too bright
Well, I sure hope I do better
Next weekend on the price is right, -ight, -ight

I lost on jeopardy, baby (oooh)
I lost on jeopardy, baby (oooh)
I lost on jeopardy, baby

GOOD LUCK AUGUST!!!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2004, 03:57:33 pm »

I had a very starneg dream last night involving seeing an advert on TV where some kid was playing a game, and proceeded to shout out "I AM THE FERMULE".
What the fuck!?




Famous titties for $400
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2004, 04:03:03 pm »

I agree with many of the above. Anybody can be wrong but when pushed into a must-answer situation it takes a strong mind to be spectacularly wrong.

"Who is Ron Jeremy?"
"What is So Long and Thanks for All the giraffe?"
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2004, 01:23:13 am »

Just hold your arms as far apart as they go and say "I told you backstage it's THIS big, Alex"
Logged

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2004, 08:03:09 am »

Good luck, Auggie. Don't pull a Clavin. The answer is always and never "Who are 3 people who have never been in my kitchen?".










I'll take "The rapist" for $200.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up