Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I am: THE FERMULE  (Read 33276 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2004, 03:58:21 pm »

Who is gonna record this thing to CD for us?  I'll burn and distribute, but I lack the ability to record it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2004, 04:59:08 pm »

Don't worry, peeps.  I'll totally be DivXing thing thing.

Just let us know when it's going to air, AW.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2004, 05:31:00 pm »

Well I'm flying out to LA this afternoon and tomorrow's the big day.

Won't you all join me in fervently hoping that I do not humiliate myself on national television.

Thank you for your support!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2004, 05:38:23 pm »

Let the mojo making begin.

Mojo mojo mofo mojo.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2004, 05:39:21 pm »

Best of luck, August. You are going to kick ass.
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2004, 07:21:38 pm »

God bless AugustWest.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2004, 07:39:52 pm »

Remember to answer in the form of a question!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2004, 07:52:07 pm »

Good luck and godspeed, fair August of West. I will be hoping for you with all the power of hope I am able to conjure up.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2004, 07:54:28 pm »

Remember, if you don't know the Final Jeopardy question, your response is "Who is Jough?"

Break a leg, and if you don't, break someone else's.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2004, 08:07:36 pm »

I hereby loan August the portions of my brain that contain information on the following:

The American Civil Rights movement
Marxism, Communism, and Socialism
Lyndon Johnson, 1954 - 1972
Cuban-American relations, 1960 - 1988
Global Cold War Politics (including Korea and Vietnam)
The New Deal Era
Modern Labor History
Women's History
Iranian History
Egyptian History
The Kama Sutra
African-American Literature
Major World Religions (esp. Hinduism, Christianity, and Zen Bhuddism)
The Snopes.com Urban Legend Reference archive
The complete works of Orson Scott Card
"Planet of the Apes" Filmography

Anyone else care to make a pledge?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2004, 08:09:17 pm »

Oh, one more thing -- when you get back, don't tell us what happens!  Or, if you do, clearly mark it as a spoiler so I don't accidently see it.  I want to wait 'til the episode airs, and be uptight the whole time.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2004, 08:11:55 pm »

I have a terrible memory for detail, but in case it might help, he can have the parts of my brain that deal with linguistics and mammals and Japanese stuff.  He has to give the mammals and Japanese back when he's done but he can keep the linguistics.

I want to know what happens before I watch the episode.  I hate suspense.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2004, 08:12:02 pm »

Well, if he's back the next day, he didn't win.

In any case, if you get stuck on a literature, philosophy, or film question, feel free to use me as your "phone-a-friend" lifeline.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2004, 09:52:37 pm »

I'd donate the "worthless trivia that's no help in real life" part of my brain but then I'd just have the stem and maybe my eyes left so that might be bad for me.

Also, I still say the board needs [spoiler] tags.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I am: THE FERMULE
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2004, 10:04:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure he has to sign some legal stuff that pretty much forfeits winnings if he gives the ending away before the broadcast.

I pledge:

Television of the 60s and 70s
Communicable Diseases, including TB and STDs
Bioterrorism across history
Torture devices of the 17th Century
French Sauces
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up