Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 8936 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2011, 06:54:43 am »

Also today: crossed the threshold. the cost of this game is now less than one dollar per hour I have played it. Even less if you include the hours my roommates have put in. Good investment! And just think of all the money I would have spent going out and doing things if I weren't glued to the TV.

Yeah! You coulda been fuckin'!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2012, 01:54:43 am »

2 hours playing time so far for me, the damn thing already invaded my sleep and gave me unsettling dreams.  No more playing before bed.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2012, 03:59:10 am »

at this point I have so many chests full of crap in my house. What gives.

All of the merchants are always broke. They rarely have more than 1000 gold, and I often have things worth 500 or more. So I have a chest in my house full of dragon scales, gems, and enchanted weapons and armor. What a lame, weird problem to have.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2012, 05:29:22 pm »

at this point I have so many chests full of crap in my house. What gives.

All of the merchants are always broke. They rarely have more than 1000 gold, and I often have things worth 500 or more. So I have a chest in my house full of dragon scales, gems, and enchanted weapons and armor. What a lame, weird problem to have.

And it'll just get worse, because they aren't going to all of a sudden have a bunch of money, and you're never going to want to go on a sales adventure, where you invest a bunch of time in lugging your shit to various merchants. I had that problem with Oblivion when I was doing the main quest - I'd come back with all that high-dollar armor from the demongates or whatever they were called, and nobody could really afford to buy them all. Of course, I didn't need the money, but I couldn't stand to just leave all that valuable loot laying around.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2012, 05:42:22 pm »

yeah, I spend a fair amount of time on SALES ADVENTURES.

There is a perk you can get where the merchants have more money but... am I really going to spend a perk on that?

Once you join a certain guild there is a lady who has like 8000 gold. That is my best bet. Slowly sell things to her.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 03:53:48 pm »

Pulled the trigger on this last night - FM had it for like $40. Two hours in, perhaps. Once again, I am tanking, with maybe a little bit of archery thrown in. I hate magic users.

There is nothing quite so satisfying to me in a game like this than drawing down on someone who doesn't know I'm approaching, and dropping him like a bag of hammers. I did that last night and my wife applauded.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 04:20:09 pm »

What I have really enjoyed is that the way they set up the leveling system allows you to change your strategy over time. I started out as a sword/shield dude, then started sneaking and using a bow, and finally got bored and started using a sword in each hand.

...then I got kind of bored of all of the quests I was working on, and stopped playing. Boo.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2012, 06:06:27 pm »

What I have really enjoyed is that the way they set up the leveling system allows you to change your strategy over time. I started out as a sword/shield dude, then started sneaking and using a bow, and finally got bored and started using a sword in each hand.

...then I got kind of bored of all of the quests I was working on, and stopped playing. Boo.

I stopped playing Oblivion when I got really sick of the hell gates or whatever they're called.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 08:13:14 pm »

Still loving how I can enter an abandoned prison, find nothing but skeletons and ghosts, and come across a barrel full of tomatoes.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2012, 11:15:32 pm »

All that eating, and not a moment of crapping.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2012, 05:20:16 pm »

All that eating, and not a moment of crapping.

There's probably a mod for that. I learned yesterday that there's a mod for killing children in game (by which I don't mean it was in there already and just not active).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2012, 09:14:32 pm »

Let's just say it works something like Sheogorath's Execution Point but with feces.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up