Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?  (Read 31135 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2012, 07:17:39 pm »

I got all excited when I stopped at home for lunch today and a postal worker rang the bell, but it wasn't a gift, it was some ##### I ordered from Old Navy.  The delivery date on those was supposed to be January 7th, but there they were.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2012, 12:30:18 am »

OK, one of you gets your gift-angst relieved at this moment.

Look at the box of awesomeness that was awaiting me when I got home:



Heirloom beans and lentils, some kinda crunchy nut snack thing, really awesome chocolate bars, tea, a Thai sauce, a copy of Edible Portland, and a rockin' band sticker. Most of it from Portland.

(One candy bar not pictured because we ate it for dessert tonight, which is how I know they're really awesome.)

FUCK and YES.

I just hope whatever Nabu's secret Santa sends him is equally awesome. (Nudge nudge wink wink.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2012, 03:36:56 am »

Lprkn got me a Russian mail-order bride!


Actually its a clever person who will send me three sets of curiosities throughout the year.  I'm intrigued...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2012, 01:12:47 am »

Nice one, Jaydub!



The Mayor delivers the goods! I actually put a hold on this book at the library, but I'm like hold number 97 and there's maybe two copies or something. I would never have gotten to read this. To the right of the book (and seriously, if you can find a copy, check it out, even if you don't give a shit about Lego. There is some crazy, crazy shit in it) there is the official 2011 bigfool mix, complete with original artwork and liner notes. Also, the correct Achewood to go with, which I would link to but I'm getting "500-Internal Server Error", so i guess Chris's tip jar is on the light side. Eh, you know which one it is.

Ch-ch-check it out!




Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2012, 01:26:59 am »

I also meant to point out (but forgot) that the Mayor got me this book based on (I believe) one offhand post here by me, whereas it was pretty easy for me to know a dude likes to cook.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2012, 12:03:16 am »

It's a wombat surprise!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2012, 12:04:31 am »

Joining the wombat collection (with some echidnas sticking their noses in)

Oops, the can was the wrong way round. Well, it's not easy to wrangle that many wombats, you know.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2012, 10:30:07 am »

Are we not to know who sent you this lovely can of Wombat?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2012, 01:56:43 pm »

Can't you guess? It is authentic imported wombat.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2012, 01:54:43 pm »

I'm still anxiously awaiting to hear if my gift was received and to also (possibly) receive something.  At the latest, what I sent should arrive on the 17th, but that's at the absolute latest and at least within the country, with other packages, things have been moving nice and fast.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2012, 02:26:36 pm »

Yeah, I imagine my Official secret santa should be turning up soonish as it was posted the same day as Wombat's.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2012, 08:03:39 pm »

Mine was mailed on the 21st so it's gotta be turning up soon.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2012, 02:30:26 am »

Yay!  I got my gift today, and it's a super awesome hand-knit kitty hat from JL!  It's super cool!  JL notes the colour is reminiscent of "Roast Beef" hence the sad kitty face in the middle photo.



At first, because it's so light weight, I thought it wouldn't be well suited for a Canadian winter, but after the brief modeling session above I was getting super hot and am certain this cute little toque will do me well for the harsh winter to come.  It's made of natural wool, which makes all the difference.  Not pictured are the adorable pom-poms that help to keep the ear flaps down.

FYI I had grandiose plans to learn to knit several years ago, but just couldn't pick it up despite my best efforts, so I really appreciate the skill that went into making this!

I'm so grateful for this awesome new hat, especially because I was just thinking about getting a new one for myself this morning as my current toque looks quite ragged - thanks so much JL!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2012, 06:18:19 am »

 A can for JL and everyone that sent out the awesome gifts.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2012, 08:56:37 am »

That totally is Roast Beef color. Rad.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up