Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?  (Read 31136 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2012, 01:21:09 pm »

Yay!  I got my gift today, and it's a super awesome hand-knit kitty hat from JL!  It's super cool!  JL notes the colour is reminiscent of "Roast Beef" hence the sad kitty face in the middle photo.

At first, because it's so light weight, I thought it wouldn't be well suited for a Canadian winter, but after the brief modeling session above I was getting super hot and am certain this cute little toque will do me well for the harsh winter to come.  It's made of natural wool, which makes all the difference.  Not pictured are the adorable pom-poms that help to keep the ear flaps down.

FYI I had grandiose plans to learn to knit several years ago, but just couldn't pick it up despite my best efforts, so I really appreciate the skill that went into making this!

I'm so grateful for this awesome new hat, especially because I was just thinking about getting a new one for myself this morning as my current toque looks quite ragged - thanks so much JL!


Hooray! I am glad that my gift turned out to be practical as well as fun. giraffeerman's wool really is warm, I was sweating just holding it in my lap working on it. And the lightweightness also means it fits well under a hood, should you need an extra layer of protection.

I was torn between leaving it unadorned and adding an embroidered kitty face to it, but Pedro said, "Leave it plain. Let her be the kitty." I'm glad I listened, those kitty pics are so cute!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2012, 01:21:54 pm »

if i didnt have my very own JL hat, i would be hella jealous.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2012, 04:54:08 pm »

if i didnt have my very own JL hat, i would be hella jealous.

Tell me about it. I feel like I will be in secret santa until I get one. But what if I never do?

Seriously, secret santa has come through with flying colors - good work everyone!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2012, 05:16:57 pm »

I'm glad there's no kitty face on the hat.  The way it is now, it's quirky enough to suit my style without being too silly to wear for work.  Since I'm out and about in the community so much with work, I can pull the cat hat off, but I don't think I could pull a kitty-faced hat off and still meet the some-what loose standards of professionalism my workplace upholds.  I was thinking about adding a few mini-buttons to it for good measure at some point. In fact I have a rabbit ambulance pin I've never used if I want to get all meta on this thing.  Tomorrow we're getting a cold snap, so it is so on!

Also, still wondering when/if my gift will reach it's destination.  JL's took til yesterday and was mailed one business day before mine, so I'm thinking maybe soon?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2012, 03:21:56 am »

You look straight-up adorable in that hat.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2012, 08:37:55 am »

according to amazon, my secret santa gift was supposed to have been delivered by the 18th, at the latest.  it is 2 days later and there is no word.  what the fuck?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2012, 09:22:47 am »

Yeah, I'm wondering the same about mine since Wombat got hers a couple of weeks back now.
There may have been mitigating circumstances though where the person would not receive it or may not be around to post about it so I'm going to leave it a couple of days. Not least because since I posted it when I was in NZ I have no idea how I'd start to follow it up.

I, on the other hand, just came back down to my Dad's and there was a totally awesome package waiting for me but unboxing photos and full disclosure will have to wait a couple of days for a less crap internet connection. Suffice to say, my Secret Santa knows how to rock socks. He's a sock rocker.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2012, 09:35:11 am »

The person I gave a gift to received the package yesterday, so I can now breath easy.  Perhaps there are unboxing photos to come?  We'll see.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:24:56 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2012, 02:43:35 pm »

I am still have nothing to unbox.  However, I am glad that socks have been rocked.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2012, 06:32:50 pm »

I'm just happy to know that Doc has his box full of socks.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2012, 08:31:54 pm »

Does Doc box a gox in his yellow gox box socks?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2012, 10:38:38 pm »

Which now?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2012, 12:21:23 am »

I have received an astonishingly lovely set of Secret Santa gifts from the sideshow, seriously awesome.

Pictures of the unwrapping will follow once I can figure out how to get them off my girlfriend's phone.

Well thought-out, beautiful, just great stuff.

I have also finally sent out my Secret Santa gift. It is not as well thought out but it is something quite awesome so I hope that makes up for it.

Three weeks late, yes, but... Secret Santa's had a hard coupla months.

Secret Santa's going to slowly come out of exile here. Secret Santa was avoiding this place because Secret Santa was ashamed he hadn't done his job yet.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2012, 02:21:45 am »

I am relieved.  I had nightmares about a custom agent showing up at my door and reaming me out for ripping off my countrymen.  For some reason I hadn't considered what I was doing was piracy (rather than sharing some artists I like with a friend) until after the damn thing was already in the mail.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2012, 04:47:07 am »

What if they read this messageboard?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up