Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?  (Read 31146 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« on: November 16, 2011, 09:52:53 pm »

Do we want to have another secret Santa this year? I do.

I will organize it unless someone else steps up. Just PM me your mailing address and any pertinent information (links to wish lists, etc) and I will get it together.

Ground rules:

1) Do not sign up unless you are certain that you have the funds, time, and motivation to get something sent out no later than Jan 1.
2) Do not sign up unless you are willing to send a gift with no expectation of getting anything back. Even if everyone adheres to rule #1, sometimes things happen.
3) There is no recommended price range, but do not spend more than you can reasonably afford in the expectation of getting something awesome in return. See rule #2.
4) Handmade gifts are welcome, even preferred.
5) Unboxing photos are required.
6) If you really, really, really have something specific in mind for a particular person, AND you have never drawn that person in the past, let me know in the PM when you sign up. I will do my best to honor these requests and will draw the rest at random.

That is all! You have until November 30 to sign up. I will send out the names and addresses on Dec. 1.

Hooray!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 09:58:05 pm »

Word. PM sent.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 10:03:10 pm »

I organized it last year and would be happy to do it again, and am probably a lot less busy than you are, but it's not a particularly time-consuming task so if you've already started and want to continue, that is cool.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 10:45:40 pm »

Oh man. The drama.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 10:48:34 pm »

I would like to.  If I draw Paul again, I promise to do a better job this year man!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 10:51:27 pm »

I'm in even though the last two times haven't turned out that well for me.  Third times the charm.  What can I say, I'm an optimist.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 11:14:13 pm »

My question is: would everybody be cool with shipping to Canadaland?  If so, I am so in this year. Please keep on mind shipping to the USA from here is more costly than the other way around, so I am up for accepting the shit end of the stick here in order to be part of the fun.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 11:36:11 pm »

My major issue is that... I don't know what address I'll be at by Chrimbus.

Maybe I'll just send my folks' address because, one way or the other, I'll be up there around Christmas to visit...

I got something superawesome back last year. I never got anything the year before that. Giving was fun both times, tho.

I'll PM you my folks' address.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 11:53:36 pm »

I'm in even though the last two times haven't turned out that well for me.  Third times the charm.  What can I say, I'm an optimist.

Hey!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 01:18:57 am »

I got something superawesome back last year.

Damn straight

Hey!

I think Paul's referring to his gifts not arriving in a timely fashion causing some friction
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 01:24:16 am »

My question is: would everybody be cool with shipping to Canadaland?  If so, I am so in this year. Please keep on mind shipping to the USA from here is more costly than the other way around, so I am up for accepting the shit end of the stick here in order to be part of the fun.

Let's do this: if anyone can't afford to/doesn't want to ship to Canada (or Australia), let me know in the PM and I will exclude you from the possibilities for the farthest flung of our far-flung family. That'll let Doc in on the action if he wants. (Anyone else outside the Continental? Deja, perhaps?)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 01:27:52 am »

If we can get Doc in on this to send me wombat things I will gladly pay anyone's postage to Australia.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 01:34:03 am »

leprechaun(lprkn) is in a foreign land, as well.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 01:41:02 am »

Oh, yes, of course! But don't domestic shipping rates still apply to overseas military bases?

I have no experience in this.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 01:52:11 am »

And/or if we can get lprkn to send me stuff from Japan I will gladly pay anyone's postage to there.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up