Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?  (Read 31119 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 12:35:17 am »

I did not, I have just been on a sort of forced hiatus from online life due to Thanksgiving followed by having to be a single mom for a week while Pedro attended a business conference followed immediately by being really horribly ill with a bitching sinus infection. I have only been checking in on Facebook and such via my phone, I didn't even turn on my laptop for about six days in a row.

EDIT: I sent out assignments just now; they were randomly chosen by a web page so don't blame me. Sorry again for the delay in getting this sorted.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:58:35 am by jay-ell »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 01:07:24 am »

No thing but a chicken wing, as they say. Hope you are feeling more well.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 02:11:00 am »

im glad youre not dead, ma'am.  also, thanks.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2011, 04:03:42 am »

And yes, remiss in not thanking you for setting things up here.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2011, 05:24:19 am »

I figured fambly stuff was keeping you busy.  Haven't even seen much from you on FB, which is lower maintenance than TOUAMB

(it really is - how hard is it to click like a couple times?)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2011, 05:37:43 pm »

I have no ideas at all for my person. This is going to be tough.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2011, 06:09:42 pm »

Me neither. I'mma do that animal bone thing Ash talked about. Sorry!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2011, 05:27:35 pm »

I'm knitting something for my person, so whoever you are, please be patient. It will definitely be mailed by Jan 1, but it's probably not going to be there before Christmas morning, sorry.

Meanwhile, Wombat makes the rest of us look bad, as usual.











She also sent a copy of her latest book, which I had already purchased, read, and liked so much I had decided to buy another copy for a friend. The box arrived literally moments before I was about to click "place order" at amazon.com, so I took the book out of my cart and will give my friend the copy you sent, wombles. So in addition to the awesome magnets and ornament, you also did some of my Christmas shopping for me! Thanks!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2011, 06:42:53 pm »

I am pretty sure that ornament will be one of the ones that you hang on the back of the tree where no one can see it, but I was hoping it was the thought that counts.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2011, 07:54:12 pm »

I am pretty sure that ornament will be one of the ones that you hang on the back of the tree where no one can see it, but I was hoping it was the thought that counts.

Actually, I hung it near the top, where I put all the nice ones that I don't want the kids to break.

I am impressed by your skill, wombles. The photos really do not do them justice, they are really nicely made. I have worked with polymer clay enough to know that it's hard to get such nice results, they are really top-notch.

Also, I thought you would be gratified to know that my daughter asked about the refrigerator magnets, and I took the opportunity to teach her the names of all the Achewood characters.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2011, 08:21:16 pm »

Also, I thought you would be gratified to know that my daughter asked about the refrigerator magnets, and I took the opportunity to teach her the names of all the Achewood characters.

Education.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2011, 05:15:16 am »

Hey, if any of you who didn't message me wants to get in on this, it's not too late!

I just got messaged by someone whose PM apparently got eaten and never made it to my inbox. If I can get another volunteer (or two or three) in the next couple of days we can arrange a second round of giving and receiving. PM me if you want in.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2011, 01:50:55 pm »

Hey, if any of you who didn't message me wants to get in on this, it's not too late!

I just got messaged by someone whose PM apparently got eaten and never made it to my inbox. If I can get another volunteer (or two or three) in the next couple of days we can arrange a second round of giving and receiving. PM me if you want in.

I think something like this happened last year and I just rearranged the list to slot them in. Because, you know, most people haven't done anything about it yet at this point anyway so it doesn't matter if you switch out who they're buying for.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2011, 09:11:33 pm »

I think something like this happened last year and I just rearranged the list to slot them in. Because, you know, most people haven't done anything about it yet at this point anyway so it doesn't matter if you switch out who they're buying for.

I had another taker who had previously messaged me on Facebook, where I didn't see it amongst all the junk and crap I get there. So I just swapped them with each other. It worked out.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up