Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?  (Read 31140 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2011, 09:39:55 pm »

Thanks for getting Christmas together, Mom!
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2011, 01:36:53 am »

I went out to shop for my secret Santa person, and as I was having a pre-shopping lunch with a friend, I got an email alert about suspicious activity on my credit card (~$3200 in foreign currency spent at Target). So my card got canceled. Fortunately my friend funded the shopping. I'm a little nervous about how it's going to go over this year. I set the bar high for myself last year (considering this will be the one gift anyone will get from me for any occasion this year).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2011, 11:08:34 am »

I've got my person's gift in hand.  Now to get it to the post office.  Monday!!!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2011, 05:12:52 pm »

Yeah, I'm going to try shipping today before I fly back to work. If not, well, I'll be the dick this year. Merry Christmas, everybody!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2011, 11:34:18 pm »

Shipped and I am currently at the bus stop. As I mentioned elsewhere, one hour in post office listening to the mélange (ménage?) of two radio stations.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2011, 02:19:24 pm »

I bought yarn and needles and chose a pattern, that counts for something, right?

I've actually been saving this project to work on during the drive North tomorrow. It's a pattern I've made before, with just a few tweaks, so I am pretty sure it won't take me more than four hours, and I've got at least twelve hours of riding time ahead of me. I'll post it from whatever city I'm in when it's finished, so whoever gets it will probably be a little mystified by the postmark.

Or would have been, before reading this thread.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2011, 02:52:48 pm »

My gift is on back-order. Any day now.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2011, 01:12:20 pm »

Sneak Peek for Secret Santa
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2011, 05:26:24 pm »

There's a series of Best Buy commercials running now that annoy the shit out of me. You really think showing people be cocks to Santa is a good way to get people to shop at your store?

There's also Patrick Warburton shilling for some car company or other. One of those ads came on last night, and it opened with "Elves are shoddy craftsmen." I literally said out loud to the TV, "Maaaaaaaan, FUCK you." Leave the elves alone, you tool.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2011, 05:52:14 pm »

I had almost the exact same reaction to both of those commercials.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2011, 07:17:47 pm »

Commercials where people sell products by being assholes about getting gifts that are inferior to the advertised product piss me off to no end.

It's a fuck*ng present, show some goddamned gratitude.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2011, 08:03:05 pm »

The one that gets me is the series of Lexus commercials where people hint at the extravagant gift they are giving by having something play a jingle.  Actually the whole concept of "buying a car as a gift" just seems preposterous to me.  Last time I looked, a car payment was a sizable chunk of the budget.  If my wife went off and "bought me a car", that would be most unwelcome unless she had a lottery windfall or came into an inheritance or something.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2011, 08:07:25 pm »

Always wondered about the big car with a bow. That really could only happen if the couple was multi-millionaire income wealthy, right? And so it wouldn't even be that big of a deal.

I hope I'm Paul's target. That gift looks awesome.

I won't argue that elves are shoddy craftsman, though. You want something made right, you hire a dwarf.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2011, 08:21:29 pm »

ALSO: that best buy commercial The Mayor mentions? I went past a best buy on lunch and bought a few things from a Staples instead. I'm not big on ca$h to the crass when I have other easy options.

If you buy office supplies and you don't shop at Office Max, you should be ashamed of yourself. There is no better ad campaign.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to give and possibly receive holiday gifts?
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2011, 09:31:40 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up