Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)  (Read 10597 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 04:45:44 pm »

Today Onstad is thankful that the holiday gives him a plausible excuse not to have a new comic up.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 09:15:48 am »

Wow I can't believe I go to achewood.com for the first time in like a thousand months, and there was a new strip just three days before.
Logged
ACHIEVE

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 12:16:04 pm »

You know, he might just be able to hold to this every-eight-months schedule.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 06:12:16 pm »

I'm kind of surprised none of our new members have posted here.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 06:46:04 pm »

We have new members?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 07:35:07 pm »

We have new members?

We have lots of new(ish) members, and none of them have posted anywhere, but I figured with a new comic and all . . . . you know, kind of an historic moment.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 09:29:50 pm »

A good question would be, how obvious is it for people to head here to talk about Achewood anymore? There's no direct link, certainly, and the assbar is still technically up and might be assumed to be the only outlet.

And while I was quite pleased with the new one, it could also be argued that it isn't necessarily good in a way that would spur new readers immediately. Knowing Ray and Beef's past is a lot of what fuels the enjoyment of that particular strip.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 09:36:52 pm »

A good question would be, how obvious is it for people to head here to talk about Achewood anymore? There's no direct link, certainly, and the assbar is still technically up and might be assumed to be the only outlet.

That's a good question, but I was talking about the folks who have already found their way here, signed up for accounts, and just haven't posted yet.

I'm always surprised when anyone signs up anymore that isn't a bot.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 11:05:09 pm »

The paid Assbars know quite well that we exist and I told them if they signed up to send me an email so I could sift their accounts out of the spam. Only one has done so.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 07:25:47 pm »

We have lots of new(ish) members, and none of them have posted anywhere, but I figured with a new comic and all . . . . you know, kind of an historic moment.

I'll post here just to confirm that there are people lurking.  In the interests of full disclosure though, I did post here a few times a few years ago.  When I signed in after the new strip  and read my old posts I felt a bit lame, so I deleted that account and made this one.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 08:18:07 pm »

Let's raise a glass to the old-school Internet, where you can start over with a new name any time you need to.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2011, 09:57:16 am »

 Where no one knows your a dog but everyone knows if you like wearing a dog suit.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 12:43:19 pm »

I don't have time to log in to the admin panel right now, but remind me I owe Doc a thousand cans.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 01:03:59 pm »

Now I'm too self-conscious to edit it to fix the 'your'.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

fnord

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 06:17:23 pm »

I want to be the first one to say what I guess everyone is thinking:

That non-hiatus lasted exactly as long as you would have expected it to last. Or not last. Or something.


Okay, so maybe I'm actually not the first one to complain. Whatevs.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up