Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Merry CHRISTmas!  (Read 17735 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2012, 05:02:13 am »

I have hell of alcoholics on both sides of my family.  I drank my share, but I quit four years ago.  Don't miss it much at all.

Four years ago I couldn't imagine going a full week without a drink, but recently I sometimes think that this will eventually be my fate. But the beer! Oh, the beer! How do you not miss the beer?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2012, 05:33:29 am »

Man I seriously did not drink for like 2 years unless I got cocaine beforehand and knew I would drink that day.  I would usually just have like 3-4 to take the edge off the blow.  Anyways, in the last 3-4 months I have been drinking again.  I have only gotten drunk once, and it was prearranged, we had adderal  and with an old friend.  Anyways, the point is beer is fuck*ng awesome and I wish it didn't get you drunk.  Why do they have to make it so damn tasty?  I don't know if I can not drink again.

My problem with booze is a bit different than most peoples.  I hate being drunk but love being drunk and on uppers, so everytime I would get drunk I would try to get cocaine and if I couldn't find it I would just use my stash of adderal.  That is why I had to stop drinking and take it down to like 3-4 times a year when I get an eight ball before hand then go all out.  Also, I am high on herb literally constantly, so I don't know if that makes it easier to not drink?  Probably
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2012, 06:28:54 pm »

Yeah I would propose that being constantly intoxicated on pot diminishes desire for alcohol.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2012, 07:57:30 pm »

if it weren't very expensive and I couldn't get drug tested, I would totally prefer being high to being drunk. But, you know. That isn't the case.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2012, 09:44:14 pm »

If it weren't very expensive and I didn't get drug tested at work and my wife wouldn't drop me like a hot brick, I'd go back to being fucked up on everything I could find all the time. I could afford much better drugs and larger quantities nowadays.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2012, 02:26:48 am »

I swear to God I'mma get on the secret santa thing soon.

The move back upstate has... not gone well.

Might be turning around and starting to go well but... disaster. Days long fights. Remodeling a room to live in, my mom went into analphylatic shock from the mold and was in the hospital.

I dunno where the hell my head is at but I'll get to it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2012, 05:02:40 pm »

I swear to God I'mma get on the secret santa thing soon.

The move back upstate has... not gone well.

Might be turning around and starting to go well but... disaster. Days long fights. Remodeling a room to live in, my mom went into analphylatic shock from the mold and was in the hospital.

I dunno where the hell my head is at but I'll get to it.

Wherever the hell your head is, keep it down for god's sake. Seriously, take it as easy as it is possible to take it (and sorry about the bitching about the check. I hadn't read this yet).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2012, 05:48:31 pm »

Holy shit, LFM. Hang in there.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2012, 02:53:21 am »

For reals.

Meanwhile, next time you're having writers block just start writing down the shit that happens in your everyday life. It would be compelling.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up