Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: WAAAAAARCRAAAAAAAFT  (Read 7984 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
WAAAAAARCRAAAAAAAFT
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2004, 09:29:52 pm »

I skipped Civ2. I had Civ1 for SNES and now I have Civ3 (w/ PTW and Conquests). Over at Civ Fanatics they still have a Game of the Month for Civ2 though. So you can go there and bask if you want.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
WAAAAAARCRAAAAAAAFT
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2004, 10:41:29 pm »

I don't know what the hell you people are talking about.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
WAAAAAARCRAAAAAAAFT
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2004, 01:59:47 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I don't know what the hell you people are talking about.


Thanks Jough, I thought I was the only one.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
WAAAAAARCRAAAAAAAFT
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2004, 02:02:22 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "jough"
I don't know what the hell you people are talking about.


Thanks Jough, I thought I was the only one.


"COMPUTER GAMING", IT'S THE NEW THING
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
WAAAAAARCRAAAAAAAFT
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2004, 08:07:23 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I don't know what the hell you people are talking about.

well I was hoping we would talk about warcraft3, and that it would turn out that everyone here plays it all the time, and loves it like a newborn child of a pandabear. but as it turns out, only one or two people even know what it is. I was thinking we could set up a great big game where achwooders duke it out with little orcs running around on videoscreens.

ST ZARTAN! YOU SHOULD ADD RAM TO YOUR COMPUTER AND IT WILL BE FINE, MY BOX IS GOING ON 3 YEARS NOW AND IT ROCKS!
Logged
[expletive deleted]

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
WAAAAAARCRAAAAAAAFT
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2004, 08:11:08 pm »

Quote from: "doomglobe"
ST ZARTAN! YOU SHOULD ADD RAM TO YOUR COMPUTER AND IT WILL BE FINE, MY BOX IS GOING ON 3 YEARS NOW AND IT ROCKS!


Seriously.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
WAAAAAARCRAAAAAAAFT
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2004, 08:18:58 pm »

I know what it is I was just inducted into the C&C side of the battle for RTS supremacy. Kind of like for a while Nintendo people would buy a Genesis.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
WAAAAAARCRAAAAAAAFT
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2004, 08:51:56 pm »

I'd play with you guys if I:

a) had a free copy of the software
b) knew how to play
c) knew how to connect to other people playing
d) knew that it wouldn't take me 3 years to learn how to play

I mean, is it really that good?  Or is it just fun kitschy nostalgia for you?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
WAAAAAARCRAAAAAAAFT
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2004, 09:13:12 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I'd play with you guys if I:

a) had a free copy of the software


I just might be able to arrange this.  Legally, even.  I'll get back to you.  

Quote
b) knew how to play


It's easy when you know how!  Seriously, it's probably the most intuitive interface I've ever seen in a game -- with the possible exception of "Black & White."  

Quote
c) knew how to connect to other people playing


You'll have no trouble with BattleLAN -- the program DoomGlobe uses.  If I  could figure it out (albeit after a couple of false starts), so can you.  

Quote
d) knew that it wouldn't take me 3 years to learn how to play


It takes minutes to learn...years to master!  

Quote
I mean, is it really that good?  Or is it just fun kitschy nostalgia for you?


Well, it depends...are seven Game of the Year awards good enough for you?  How about nine Best RTS awards?  12 Editor's Choice Awards?  3 Gamer's Choice awards?  And my personal recommendation?  

If that's not enough, brother, I don't know what is.  
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
WAAAAAARCRAAAAAAAFT
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2004, 01:02:25 am »

Come on Jough... It's WARCRAFT!!!
I tried to resist, but then got it free and there was no going back.

Unfortunately I just got a world pass fo FFXI so I'm kind of stuck on that at the moment... As well as playing a lot of BF1942.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
WAAAAAARCRAAAAAAAFT
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2004, 07:08:01 pm »

World of Warcraft beta testing signups begin at 6 PM PST tonight!  

Be there...or be...somewhere else!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
WAAAAAARCRAAAAAAAFT
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2004, 05:45:20 pm »

Yes, but only for the US, Canada and Korea.

I'll be off sulking in the other room...

(Although, what with this being the gaming section - I had an interview at Rockstar North this afternoon! I am praying in all sorts of delicious and juicy ways that I get this job!)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
WAAAAAARCRAAAAAAAFT
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2004, 06:38:43 pm »

Quote from: "slink"

(Although, what with this being the gaming section - I had an interview at Rockstar North this afternoon! I am praying in all sorts of delicious and juicy ways that I get this job!)

Woo! Good luck!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
WAAAAAARCRAAAAAAAFT
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2004, 06:40:20 pm »

Rockstar North made my new favourite game, "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" although I'm at a point in the game now where I have two possible missions - one involving flying a remote controlled helicopter and dropping little bombs, and another involving being a "guardian angel" to a drug deal, killing Hatians with my sniper rifle, and then having to chase after one of them on a motorcycle, which I always run into a wall and fly off of, causing my prey to escape pretty much instantly, which sucks.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
WAAAAAARCRAAAAAAAFT
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2004, 10:36:31 am »

Quote from: "jough"
which I always run into a wall and fly off of, causing my prey to escape pretty much instantly, which sucks.


Yea, best bet is to shell out for a controller, or a ps2-usb controller, since otherwise it sucks!

And thanks V.
Needless to say, they made my three last favourite games, so I am really holding out for this job.
Probably won't hear about it til Monday however.
Their offices are lovely though!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up