Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "Awesome!" A blog entry. Dec 16 2011  (Read 10090 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: "Awesome!" A blog entry. Dec 16 2011
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 05:46:38 am »

OK, you all know that I think Onstad is a god, but seriously, I don't want to read his autobiography. I can't even make it all the way through this blog post. Teodor is just not an interesting character.

Ha!  I came to read this thread to figure out if there was anything that worthwhile in the blog, as I gave up on reading it less than half-way through.  I'm with you on this one wombat.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: "Awesome!" A blog entry. Dec 16 2011
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 05:48:45 pm »

I'm sad about this. I kind of fell off reading the blogs way back in the day when I took and extended break, but when they first came out I could not believe how good they were.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: "Awesome!" A blog entry. Dec 16 2011
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 06:34:59 pm »

I'm sad about this. I kind of fell off reading the blogs way back in the day when I took and extended break, but when they first came out I could not believe how good they were.

This one could have been good had there been some kind of point to it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: "Awesome!" A blog entry. Dec 16 2011
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 06:42:56 pm »

In some other thread, AW mentioned that the good thing and the bad thing about the internet is that everyone can be their own publisher. This blog entry could have been good if he had had an editor. Unlike the others, this character is obviously too close to him for him to judge how much of it is interesting to anyone else.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: "Awesome!" A blog entry. Dec 16 2011
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 08:17:45 pm »

Am I the only one who liked this blog entry? Maybe it's that I don't particularly care that something be interesting if it's well-written, and this was very well-written.
Logged

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: "Awesome!" A blog entry. Dec 16 2011
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 08:26:42 pm »

No, I liked it.

You can pretty much take that as read for anything Onstad does unless I say different (which I never do).
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: "Awesome!" A blog entry. Dec 16 2011
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 02:28:19 am »

So a couple of you convinced me to try again. I got a nice cup of tea, took out my uncomfortable contact lenses, sat on the couch, put a pug in my lap, and made myself read the whole thing.

There are definitely some nice little turns of phrase here and there, because the man can't write anything without some nice little turns of phrase. But I come away from it terrified that when Onstad finally writes a whole book of only words without pictures, that this is the sort of people he is going to write about.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: "Awesome!" A blog entry. Dec 16 2011
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 03:20:09 am »

I come away from it terrified that when Onstad finally writes a whole book of only words without pictures, that this is the sort of people he is going to write about.

Ah, this I can agree with. As much as I feel that Onstad has the talent and skill to write the world's most compelling bus schedule, I do not actually want Onstad to expend his talent and skill in writing the world's most compelling bus schedule.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: "Awesome!" A blog entry. Dec 16 2011
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 02:21:29 pm »

As usual Victoria has it exactly right.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: "Awesome!" A blog entry. Dec 16 2011
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2012, 01:46:47 pm »

Wait, what? Didn't there used to be a message promising part 2 of the Christmas party blog? It doesn't say that anymore.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: "Awesome!" A blog entry. Dec 16 2011
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2012, 04:16:33 pm »

Wait, what? Didn't there used to be a message promising part 2 of the Christmas party blog? It doesn't say that anymore.

I think Onstads new thing is to get halfway through something and stop.  It's performance art really.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: "Awesome!" A blog entry. Dec 16 2011
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 05:36:33 am »

I think Onstads new thing is to get halfway through something and stop.  It's performance art really.

Tomorrow's reci
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: "Awesome!" A blog entry. Dec 16 2011
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012, 08:22:42 am »

Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: "Awesome!" A blog entry. Dec 16 2011
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2012, 01:10:50 pm »

Has Teodor always been so long-winded?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up