Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?  (Read 27175 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 02:06:14 pm »

I like rage comics.  Sure, they're are a bunch of crappy ones, but there are some good ones too.  It's a way for people who can't draw to make comics using a standard set of iconic drawings which represent various emotions.  What's wrong with that?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 05:04:27 pm »

yes, exactly.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2011, 09:56:37 pm »

« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 11:06:01 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2011, 10:36:12 pm »

I loveKeenan Cahill.

That was fun.  I really enjoyed that new Flo Rida track.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, 11:18:05 pm »

I will never understand why Nyan Cat caught on.  

While, on the other hand, I find myself singing this song when doing something particularly mindless
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 11:23:47 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 02:22:02 pm »

My kids have discovered "Friday" and have been singing it around the house. I can't even stand to find a copy to link here for those who may have missed it, so horrible is this monstrosity of a pop nightmare.

I guess it will help the girl learn the days of the week, at least.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 05:05:40 pm »

I won't lie, that song really grows on you.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 05:31:33 pm »

I won't lie, that song really grows on you.

why find out?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 06:39:58 pm »

It made the Fluxblog survey of the best of 2011.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 12:26:54 am »

I won't lie, that song really grows on you.

Like a tumor.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 01:51:44 am »

I know I posted this before but I like what Colbert does with that song.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 01:56:46 am »

more like "Fuck you, 'Friday' "
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 02:26:12 am »

I won't lie, that song really grows on you.

It's terribly true.

While, on the other hand, I find myself singing this song when doing something particularly mindless

All day. All fuck*ng day. Thanks.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 03:00:22 am »

All day. All fuck*ng day. Thanks.

Awesome.  Now if you can just re-jig your brain so that it only pops up in your brain when idiots cross your path you'll be set.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2012, 04:44:54 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up