Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?  (Read 27122 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #150 on: September 04, 2012, 10:07:08 pm »


I don't even understand what is going on but this shit is fascinating. Forwarding it to my techfriends, they'll flip.

New Losethos release. Visit the webpage to see more crazy... and more genius.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2012, 12:29:01 pm »

I know it's nearly impossible to go to watch YouTube and not watch Gangnam Style but can we please talk about it here? 

The ambiguous sexuality, the swag, and the dancing.  The Dancing.  I think I'm in love.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2012, 05:17:39 pm »

I know it's nearly impossible to go to watch YouTube and not watch Gangnam Style but can we please talk about it here?

And here I've been watching youtube for almost a decade without having any fuck*ng clue what you are talking about. 


It is a big internet sister.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2012, 05:47:01 pm »

When I first heard of this, I thought they said "Gundam Style".

Like those giant Japanese ***** suits?

Anything is disappointing in the face of the notion of a Voltron-y dance craze.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2012, 07:03:03 pm »

They've gotta call that move, "Ride the Sexy Pony" (segsi jolangmal-eul tago) 섹시 조랑말을 타고
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2012, 07:51:53 pm »

So that's what Grant Imahara was doing.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2012, 08:55:43 pm »

as for me, the best gangnam style parody so far was the SNL skit.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #157 on: September 22, 2012, 01:38:16 am »

as for me, the best gangnam style parody so far was the SNL skit.

Yes.

When I've visited YouTube over the past week, this video and others related have been in the top ten, and plus I've been watching a lot of Asian content in preparation for our trip, which means it's always in the "related videos"side bar for me, so perhaps Gangnam Style is more pervasive to my current viewing habits, but come on -  230 500 000 + views!  I do like that the rapper in question, PSY wrote, directed and choreographed this thing himself.  Also, our office at work has the radio tuned to a top 40 station, and I hear this song at least twice a day.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 01:47:18 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #158 on: September 22, 2012, 02:09:58 am »

Oh God. I have found something so terrible I am hesitant to share it with you all.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2012, 02:14:29 am »

Oh God. I have found something so terrible I am hesitant to share it with you all.


Don't be coy.  Give.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2012, 12:39:48 pm »

I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING DOWN THE BARN TOMORROW (GANGNAM STYLE!)

I don't even know what that was but it skulled my basal ganglion right proper.

Please film this for us.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #161 on: September 23, 2012, 08:34:55 pm »

I love the version I posted earlier so much, and yet hate this version so much that it makes me angry. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #162 on: October 05, 2012, 10:34:18 pm »

there is no WTF feeling, no explanation needed.  i just think this is silly and fun.

introspective pug
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #163 on: October 06, 2012, 01:02:36 am »

That is such a great picture, none of the captions seem quite worthy.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #164 on: October 06, 2012, 01:27:01 am »

That is such a great picture, none of the captions seem quite worthy.

i challenge you to do better.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up