Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Five Questions  (Read 4032 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Five Questions
« on: December 29, 2011, 10:22:57 pm »

The local paper runs a weekly section where unique people answer the following questions, and I've always found their answers to be quite interesting.  So I'm asking all of you's:  

1) In case of a fire (heaven forbid) what would you take with you?  (people, pets and computers excluded)
2) What is your favorite nicknack?
3) What is your favorite piece of furniture?
4) What is the oldest thing you own?
5) What edible item do you almost always have on hand in your fridge or cupboard?

Photos are welcome, but not required.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Five Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 11:24:30 pm »

1) Is it good that nothing occurs to me that I would really have to save? How about the Lego Death Star?
2) One of the netsukes that my mother left me. It's a little ivory man with a tiny cage with a bird in it.
3) Our chaise longue, although I never sit in it. It's good for other things, though.
4) Probably a Morgan dollar. Mid to late 1800s. Some of those netsukes might be that old, though.
5)

I'll post some pictures when I get home.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Five Questions
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 11:46:48 pm »

1. My earrings. I don't have anything really expensive, but I have a lot of unique handcrafted stuff that's not replacable. I would regret leaving behind certain of my stuffed pugs.
2. A set of three clay pugs doing 'see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil."
3. My Japanese shoe cabinet.
4. I don't know. Do you count all the weird old family junk that my mother has sent me and that I hide away in a closet feeling slightly guilty?
5. Chocolate.

This is the shoe cabinet when I first bought it, with a bunch of the shoes on the floor waiting for their new home, and actually some of the earring collection as well, on that thing on the right that looks like a picture frame on the dresser.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Five Questions
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 12:30:30 am »

1) the only other thing that insurance can't replace is photos. our photo album is actually a box of unsorted pics, so it'd be easy enough to grab.

2) my cube *****s from our vacation to buenos aires - infinitely posable (here you see one planking and one tebowing)


3) oh god the new king sized bed with memory foam mattress, it's infuck*ngcredible

4) the t-shirt and sweater i was wearing the day i met my wife

5) popcorn. it's kind of my thing.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Five Questions
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 12:54:35 am »

Choop's knickknacks for the win.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Five Questions
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 03:27:15 am »

1) In case of a fire (heaven forbid) what would you take with you?  (people, pets and computers excluded)
Our wedding photos - we have them in albums, but also on disk, and I'd want to grab those


2) What is your favorite nicknack?

Our wedding cake topper that I made with my own two hands.

3) What is your favorite piece of furniture?

 Our locally made sleigh bed with a super cushy pillow-top mattress

4) What is the oldest thing you own?

The oldest thing, really would be some rocks I've collected, but it's hard to consider 'ownership' when it comes to rocks, isn't it?  I've got some antiques and some really old books from the 1800's so maybe one of those?

5) What edible item do you almost always have on hand in your fridge or cupboard?

Mayonnaise and something salty and crunchy.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Five Questions
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 04:18:18 am »

1) In case of a fire (heaven forbid) what would you take with you?  (people, pets and computers excluded)

The most important thing I would grab would be the data storage drives on my computer.  Nothing else is as important as that.  I have several boxes of personal stuff, old analog pictures, some home movies and cassette tapes.  But all of that stuff is upstairs and I wouldn't risk my life to save it so it'll probably go if there's a fire.

2) What is your favorite nicknack?

Hard to say.  Most of my nicknacks are in a storage room at my parents house.  I haven't seen them in a long time so I don't remember what my favorite would be.

3) What is your favorite piece of furniture?

My grandmothers table.  I ate Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner at the "Kids Table" until I was about 25 years old and my grandmother died and we stopped having parties at her house.  it's my house now and this is my most prized possession in the house.

4) What is the oldest thing you own?

My Grandmother's House.

5) What edible item do you almost always have on hand in your fridge or cupboard?

You're not asking what my favorite food is, but rather the one I always have on hand.  Hmm... There are probably a lot of foods that I will always keep in stock, like the condiments, mustard, mayo, etc..., or peanut butter, bread,  but I can't think of anything that I am like, I gotta have that at all times.  

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Five Questions
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 06:50:08 am »

Dude, no. It said no computers, and that clearly means no computer storage media as well. Of course I would take my hard drives if I had that option - all my porn is on those!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Five Questions
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 04:46:25 pm »

Yes, and I did not include my iPhone for the same reason.  Not because of porn, but because I consider it a computer.

Also, Paul, your Grandma's table is pretty rad.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Five Questions
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 06:35:25 pm »

I know, I know.  I was just reinforcing how important those storage drives are. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Five Questions
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 07:43:35 pm »

That's exactly why the game excludes them, that's what everyone would say.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Five Questions
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 08:30:29 pm »

Well FINE then.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Five Questions
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 08:34:41 pm »

So you still owe us an answer!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Five Questions
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 10:05:11 pm »

Yeah paul, what wombat said!

Also I am deeply envious of that shoe cabinet!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up