Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: One more round  (Read 4139 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: One more round
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 04:38:06 pm »

Lots of gun shots in my neighbourhood too last night.  Shortly after our roll in the hay a huge brawl broke out in the street below, with violence and chanting (?) and bottles being smashed.  Soon enough i heard the soothing rumble of the police copter, and things got nice and quiet again.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: One more round
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 05:40:18 pm »

When I hear gunshots in my neighborhood, I think "How much do I look like a deer right now?" instead of "Time for a crime spree!"
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: One more round
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 06:28:08 pm »

See, I've become so cynical about the situation that I just checked out the window to be sure the brawl wasn't happening too close to my vehicle, and when I saw that it wasn't, even though there were fisticuffs being thrown, I just closed the curtain and went back to reading my book.  I suppose I could have called the police, but I figured it would get taken care of, and sure enough, the copter came and all was quiet.

I only wish deer were being shot, rather than hapless teens.  Shotting things due to tastiness is so much more humane than shooting them because of arbitrary affiliations.  In fact, I am beginning to hope for a future home where this reversal takes place.  I was originally planning to just move within the city in four years time, to the burbs, but now I'm sincerely considering finding some place on the outskirts of the city where neighbours aren't really much of an issue, but deer fences and raccoon-proof garbage bins are.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up