Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: North to Minnesota  (Read 2280 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
North to Minnesota
« on: January 10, 2012, 06:23:31 am »

Wed. morning I am leaving for a trip to Minnesota.  I'll be back home late the following Wed.  My laptop took two shits and died last week and I don't carry a smart phone so I am going to be off the grid for the entire trip.  I may be able to borrow a computer when we get settled in Minnesota, but it'll be spotty if at all.

Y'all have fun while I'm away and play nice.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: North to Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 01:23:06 pm »

paul. as soon as you walk out the door, im going to run into your bedroom and jump on your bed.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: North to Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 02:35:15 pm »

Be sure to stop by this joint for breakfast:  http://www.frenchmeadowcafe.com/
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: North to Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 05:26:57 pm »

Paul, so close and yet so far away!  Sigh.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: North to Minnesota
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 02:51:28 am »

My cousin is maybe moving to Minnesota this year for work. Is it a cool place? Should I go sleep on his couch?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: North to Minnesota
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 03:22:16 am »

Good luck, Paulie!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: North to Minnesota
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 02:31:34 pm »

I haven't been there in a long time, but about 12 years ago I went to Minneapolis with some frequency and found it to be a cool town. Good restaurants, good bars, a fair amount of art and cultural stuff.

It's also fuck*ng cold in the winter, though, so go in the summer if you can.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: North to Minnesota
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 03:37:48 pm »

I'm home!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: North to Minnesota
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 04:09:24 pm »

Trip report please!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: North to Minnesota
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 04:47:00 pm »

Trip report please!

It was awesome.  I am still processing the trip in my mind.  Will get back to you on that soon.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: North to Minnesota
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 09:02:36 pm »

It was awesome.  I am still processing the trip in my mind.  Will get back to you on that soon.

Oh man, I remember those days.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: North to Minnesota
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 10:30:49 pm »

I've written about it for Artcar Nation, but I didn't go in depth.

I've got a story from the trip that won't make any story that I'll share with you guys only, a little later. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up