Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Foursquare: fun, yet stupid  (Read 8596 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Foursquare: fun, yet stupid
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2012, 09:34:45 pm »

I have discovered that one guy is mayor of 52 locations in and around our town, including nearly every store in a particular shopping center. I wasted some time researching that, and figured out that if you just take the seven restaurants he's mayor of in that shopping center, he has checked into them 132 times in 60 days. So he eats pretty much every meal in those places, plus snacks.

Or he's a cheater who does "drive-by check-ins," which Foursquare discourages, but apparently can't prevent altogether.

I will destroy him. (Haven't figured out how yet.)

See, my first thought is that he is a mall security guard, or one of those people who cleans up trays in the food court.  So, yeah, you could get a job at that mall.  Then you could work side by side, bond with him, get to know all about his life and share some common interests.  Maybe the mall has a movie theatre, and the two of you could go check out the latest shit movie just so you could trade smart quips about how shitty the movie is.  Over time you could hear all about his children and his wife and dreams for the future.  Maybe you could even share things you've never shared about yourself and let him see the inner-most part of your spirit.  You could create an inside joke about that one cashier with the big jugs at Jamba Juice that only the two you you would understand, and it would come to a point that, with only a glance, you would each know what the other is thinking.  

Then you could slit his throat in the bathroom while screaming "who's the fuck*ng mayor now, Pedro?!  Who's the fuck*ng mayor!!?"
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Foursquare: fun, yet stupid
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2012, 11:50:18 pm »

For a while I thought you were reimagining Bill Cosby's Revenge, but it got a little dark at the end. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Foursquare: fun, yet stupid
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2012, 12:12:16 am »

Wow, I never heard that before.  Bill Cosby was such a great story teller in his day.  He's right about the rules of snowballs though.  It's all light fun until someone throws a slush/ice ball.  Then it's war.

As for the violence, it was hard for me to imagine how one would catch up with someone who's built such a massive lead unless one were to make absolutely certain he would no longer be building up on what he already had.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Foursquare: fun, yet stupid
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2012, 04:36:27 am »

Workin' a little dark there, Mel, but still bringing the heat.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Foursquare: fun, yet stupid
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2012, 04:33:31 pm »

See, my first thought is that he is a mall security guard, or one of those people who cleans up trays in the food court.  

Good idea. Actually, he's a real estate agent (his Facebook account is linked to his Foursquare account, so it was easy enough to find his full name.)

Perhaps I should act like I want to buy a house, then pull out at the last moment saying "I can't work with someone who would be so dishonest as to cheat at Foursquare."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Foursquare: fun, yet stupid
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2012, 06:08:38 pm »

Perhaps I should act like I want to buy a house, then pull out at the last moment saying "I can't work with someone who would be so dishonest as to cheat at Foursquare."

Now that would be awesome.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Foursquare: fun, yet stupid
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2012, 04:28:07 pm »

I'm sorry, but I am the mayor of my workplace.  My workplace wasn't even on foursquare until I added it, and as far as I can see no one else has ever checked in since I did add it. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up