Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: There Goes His Soul! (Jan 7, 04)  (Read 4729 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
There Goes His Soul! (Jan 7, 04)
« on: January 07, 2004, 04:16:16 am »

It's nice to see some classic Philippe after last week's complaining of Otters Gone Wild. And is cracked crab a west coast thing? We only have blue crabs out here.

Lyle needs to return his Christmas present. Sorry but it's just not doing it for me.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
There Goes His Soul! (Jan 7, 04)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 04:29:02 am »

Lyle's revenge for letting the gorilla-phobia info slip to the wrong people.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
There Goes His Soul! (Jan 7, 04)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 04:37:45 am »

Woah, that creeped the hell out of me there!
I didn't notice it at first then it started to like, attack my visual cortex and eat my brain. Woah.
I could get used to it, but I'm just not sure. Maybe he just trimmed his moustache?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
There Goes His Soul! (Jan 7, 04)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2004, 05:01:15 am »

Lyle's mouth freaks the crap out of me. I cannot deal with it.

Otherwise, class-A strip. Very old-school feeling, like the days when the cats were still just "the dirtiest dudes in town."
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
There Goes His Soul! (Jan 7, 04)
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2004, 05:11:39 am »

Maybe he overheard me and my brother discussing just that, the need for some old school ones. Well, no...
*sigh*
I love the new Achewood. Just as much as I love the old ones. I wouldnt want to see him revert full time. But it's nice to see some new old style ones.
I mean the first 10 pages of the first volume crack me up.
My brother picked up the books I got my mom at christmas, looked at Philippe standing on the manual and almost wet himself. And then you get onto the trailmix and the, I can't remember what it is Philippe hands back all wet...
Suffice to say however, that Achewood has two new avid readers. My brother has it top of his list of comics (knew it would happen) and a dear friend of mine is now similarly obsessed with it. Niether of them have got any work done this year.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
There Goes His Soul! (Jan 7, 04)
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2004, 06:47:06 am »

re: lyle's mouth

NO WAY MAN

BOO TO THAT!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
There Goes His Soul! (Jan 7, 04)
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2004, 08:28:07 am »

Scarier mouth:
Lyle or Philippe?
Logged

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
There Goes His Soul! (Jan 7, 04)
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2004, 10:01:19 am »

hilarious
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
There Goes His Soul! (Jan 7, 04)
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2004, 12:50:50 pm »

Yeah, I'm on the anti-that-mouth-but-this-is-a-good-strip brigade.  Why do I even bother posting, when you are all so very perspicacious?
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
There Goes His Soul! (Jan 7, 04)
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2004, 12:53:17 pm »

That mouth reminds me of the turtle from those "IF YOU CAN DRAW ME YOU CAN MAKE THOUSANDS OF DOLLAR$$$$$$$!" ads in the back of "Boy's Life."

Now Lyle needs to wear a sweater and a jeff cap.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
There Goes His Soul! (Jan 7, 04)
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2004, 02:53:58 pm »

Mouth: eh.  

Strip: eh.  

My verdict.  

Maybe it's just an "eh" day.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
There Goes His Soul! (Jan 7, 04)
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2004, 03:04:06 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
That mouth reminds me of the turtle from those "IF YOU CAN DRAW ME YOU CAN MAKE THOUSANDS OF DOLLAR$$$$$$$!" ads in the back of "Boy's Life."


Those ads are back for the 21st. century.  Right here in cyberspace.  I've seen them a bunch of times lately.  Maybe Onstad has been taking notes.

How can he eat Crab with that mouth?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
There Goes His Soul! (Jan 7, 04)
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2004, 03:26:19 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Mouth: eh.  

Strip: eh.  

My verdict.  

Maybe it's just an "eh" day.


Clearly it is for you. Because "cracked crab dance" and "Kind of if that's OK" would make good strips alone. And when they are combined into one strip of goodness? Well look out my friend because you've got some comedy coming your way.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
There Goes His Soul! (Jan 7, 04)
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2004, 03:47:16 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "jough"
That mouth reminds me of the turtle from those "IF YOU CAN DRAW ME YOU CAN MAKE THOUSANDS OF DOLLAR$$$$$$$!" ads in the back of "Boy's Life."


Those ads are back for the 21st. century.  Right here in cyberspace.  I've seen them a bunch of times lately.  Maybe Onstad has been taking notes.


AHA, I FOUND IT!!!




~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
There Goes His Soul! (Jan 7, 04)
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2004, 07:03:38 pm »

Quote from: "slink"

I mean the first 10 pages of the first volume crack me up.
My brother picked up the books I got my mom at christmas, looked at Philippe standing on the manual and almost wet himself. And then you get onto the trailmix and the, I can't remember what it is Philippe hands back all wet...

It's Mr. Bear's Stomper. And it is wet because of a problem.

Yeah, I laughed too.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up