Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.  (Read 12326 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 06:46:40 am »

but the Hitler Youth haircut is super hip right now!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 08:01:43 am »

but the Hitler Youth haircut is super hip right now!

hipster hitler FTL
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 08:07:40 pm »

I had nice hair when I was 27.  Sadface

Yep.  I started monk-dimin' a few months ago, and I had to give up all my efforts at maintaining my Morrissey quiff, which was the style I'd been rockin' since 17.  You can't really carry that one off when you're thinnin' at the back.  I just got one of those fancy globe-shaped home clippers things and did a straight number 2 over my head, which at least diminishes the difference somewhat.  Feels bad, man.

I was surprised at how much of a sad little bitch hair loss made me feel.  Like, I had a hard time coming to terms with it, and then I had to come to terms with how embarrassed I was at how bad it made me feel.
Logged

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 08:08:48 pm »

Oh, happy birthday, dude, since I just hi-jacked your birthday thread to talk about hair loss.  Many happy returns and may your flowing locks never fade away.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 10:40:29 pm »

It's just possible that I had a mullet and Prince moustache at 27. If I did, I'm not sure why I would have thought that was a good thing to do.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 08:41:41 pm »

my friends losing their hair was pretty much the direct catalyst for me to grow it long.

like once i heard my bro talking about rogaining, it felt like i had to a duty to grow my hair for all the dudes that can't.  i feel like getting a cut would be rubbing it into people who are going bald.  like "look at me, i can do whatever i want, and not care!"

and now im so committed i dunno if there is a way out
Logged
ACHIEVE

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 05:08:25 am »

Happy Birthday.  Thanks for that clip.  Very performance arty.  

Is it wrong as one of the few ladies on the board that I want shout "you're doing it wrong!" and to teach you about how to use a hair drier appropriately?  Please disregard the following if you don't care, because it is okay to not care about this:

If on the other hand you want to be more efficient, what you need to know is that you're using the concentrator attachment too early in the process.  For wet, straight from the shower hair of your length you want to use the drier on high, with out the concentrator attachment, until it is just damp, then put on the concentrator, set the drier to a lower setting and use a round brush (if straitening and smoothing is the goal) while holding the end of the concentrator about 2 1/2 inches from the hair on the brush and working brush and drier from root to tip, section by section.  I know this 1) because my mom trained (unsuccessfully mind you) to be a hair stylist and 2) because my dad taught at a technical school and I was the test subject for many a cosmetology student back in the day.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:14:33 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 03:05:29 am »

If you cared as much as Paul does about helping us, you would make a YouTube video.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 11:11:09 pm »

Hm thanks.  Why a round brush?  And by that you mean the head of the brush is oval shaped, yes?
Logged
ACHIEVE

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 11:36:08 pm »

Hm thanks.  Why a round brush?  And by that you mean the head of the brush is oval shaped, yes?

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 11:15:39 am »

Hm thanks.  Why a round brush?  And by that you mean the head of the brush is oval shaped, yes?

Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2012, 02:19:30 pm »

did a straight number 2 over my head,...  Feels bad, man.


Mmmm.  Kinky.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 02:20:05 pm »

I had the same reaction as Smells. My hair is longer and super-thick, and I blow-dry and straighten in less than six minutes. (I think? I have never timed it.)

Hm thanks.  Why a round brush?  And by that you mean the head of the brush is oval shaped, yes?

A round brush is like what GKA posted, but I don't think you want that. It'll dry faster, but it will also take the lovely wave out of your hair. The vented brush you have is fine -- it's what I use on mine. But you should use it with the dryer to section your hair and dry from the root to the tip, as Smells noted. It sounds fussier, but it's actually considerably faster.

If it's a Thing, and if Smells doesn't want to, I will post a video. I think I owe it to you guys after Paul's popcorn tutorial.

Also, happy belated birthday. Facebook has burned me out on posting birthday greetings to people, so I have been avoiding birthday threads, but this one was just too damn interesting to skip.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 03:21:30 pm »

My hair is nothing like ro b ot god's - not as long, and much much finer, so no I will not post a video. 

A round brush is used for getting the poker-straigh down, with no waves look, but with a little more thought into it, I agree with JL - the brush you have makes it look nice and natural, rather than like Morticia Addams, which is more the effect you'd get from a round brush.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2012, 04:28:15 pm »

If it's a Thing

It's definitely a thing.

Having said that... the man has hair of the gods.  His method is working just fine for him.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up