Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.  (Read 12365 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 04:32:07 pm »

It's definitely a thing.

Having said that... the man has hair of the gods.  His method is working just fine for him.

Well, sure. But if he can cut his hair-drying time in half, he'll have more time to share his godlike locks with the public.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 07:03:20 pm »

Ok, I made an instructional video. But since it has my real face and my youtube account uses my real name, I don't want to post it unless there's real demand. So let me know if there's actual interest in seeing how I make my head go from wet to dry.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 07:26:20 pm »

Only if you're puckering and vamping for the camera as much as RGod did.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 08:56:28 pm »

Let's not forget the times the blower goes south...
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2012, 11:54:23 pm »

Only if you're puckering and vamping for the camera as much as RGod did.

Yeah, no. I'm not half as good looking anyway.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 12:38:24 am »

Oh, like anyone's going to care about hunting them down little old Joanna Lenore.

Oops! Sorry about that Jay-Ell!

This whole time I thought I'd been conversing with Julia-Louis Dreyfus.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 01:41:40 am »

Only if you're puckering and vamping for the camera as much as RGod did.

actually a lot of the puckering is drying my mustache
Logged
ACHIEVE

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2012, 01:49:14 am »

I blow dry too, though hoping for different results, so I wouldn't mind seeing it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2012, 02:12:31 am »

Okay. Here it is, for a few days. I'll take it down once you guys have had a chance to watch and learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2mUI35vcLs
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2012, 02:38:00 am »

Okay. Here it is, for a few days. I'll take it down once you guys have had a chance to watch and learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2mUI35vcLs

a) beauty must be a pain in the ass.
b) your mid western-ness manifested itself(what i mean is, i detected a bit of the accent.)
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2012, 04:17:44 am »

b) your mid western-ness manifested itself(what i mean is, i detected a bit of the accent.)

I have a really muddled accent now, I think. When I go North, my family there marvels at how Southern I sound, but my in-laws tease me about my "Yankee" accent.

I have lived in the south long enough that I've picked up the more obvious things like "y'all" and "I'ma do that," but the underlying midwesterniness never faded. And when I'm in dialog with someone else, I pick up whatever accent they speak with. I think that video probably betrays the closes thing to a natural speaking voice I really have, but in conversation I often sound completely different.

When I watch too much BBC it gets embarrassing, because none of my British accents are very good but I have trouble turning them off once they've gotten in my head.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2012, 06:22:36 am »

Okay. Here it is, for a few days. I'll take it down once you guys have had a chance to watch and learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2mUI35vcLs

I watched 42 seconds of that and I'm pretty sure I better stop there. Oh my.


Also, I am drunk. And soon to be drunker. I am surrounded by gorgeous young ladies tonight.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 06:26:24 am by Nabubrush »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2012, 07:02:26 am »

I can't actually watch the whole thing, I have tried twice to test for sound quality and such but it is just too boring. But I don't think mine is half as sexy as RG's. I am just, you know, drying my hair and being bossy.

And midwestern, apparently.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2012, 07:15:35 am »

Today my dad told me that as a child he had a mild Scottish accent in addition to his Boston accent. His teacher made him go to speech therapy until he stopped saying things like "bah-nah-nah" for banana.

My girlfriend claims my whole family has a weird accent that she can't imitate or place. She says it is both that we say certain words in a weird way, and that we have the same speech patterns. She has a cute Chicago accent that has mostly gone away. This makes me sad.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Hey everyone, ro b ot god just turned 27.
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2012, 11:14:39 pm »

thanks for the tips jl.  do you think the damage from drying thing is a myth?  everyone seems to have different opinions.

then even if its damaged, does that mean new hair that grows in will not have the damage?  and what exactly is the damage?  who really knows?


i had to go to speech therapy because i couldnt pronounce the H sound in the word "three."  would just say "tree."  just thought about it the other day and now ive reverted back to 'tree' for fun.  my new york accent is pretty thick and i put it on intentionally sometimes.  i read this article once that said the NY accent is the only amercian accent perceived as being unintelligent and since then ive tried to use it intentionally.
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up