Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Etta James has died  (Read 1554 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Etta James has died
« on: January 20, 2012, 05:30:56 pm »

Yeah, Fuck You Friday.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Etta James has died
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 06:09:19 pm »

i guess she had had cancer since 2010, so she's better off.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Etta James has died
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 06:17:34 pm »

At Last.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Etta James has died
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 07:00:18 pm »

My uncle posted this on FB, noting that she was an icon of his youth.  I repressed the urge to reply, "Who?"
I'm sure I've heard her stuff, but at the moment I got nothin'
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Etta James has died
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 10:38:01 pm »

i guess she had had cancer since 2010, so she's better off.

Yeah, I mentioned this more on FB. I suspect her last few months were a lot like my mom's. Which is to say, she indeed is better off.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up