Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad  (Read 2930 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 05:18:14 am »

Pointless, but fun.  And much less whiny than the other one.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 09:56:26 pm »

Quote
For a regular person to have the speculum of public entitlement visit every word that falls from their lips is not a fate I would wish upon anyone but the most hidebound parking control officer.

The use of the "speculum" in this context bothers me.  I find myself questioning if he's been misquoted, or misspoke here.  
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 05:10:03 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 04:39:30 am »

He's always had an issue with that. I sort of hoped he was going to quit for good since he's got such a huge problem having a public.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 04:57:29 am »

It is kind of hopeful to me, though, that a guy gettin' write-ups in TIME and going on national tours as a writer seems like he's unraveling mentally too.

Failure is not the thing driving me fuck*ng nuts. It's good to know this.

It looks really weird to read it but, like, seriously. It is good to know that success can drive a man bonkers just as well as not having figured out how to make a living creatively does.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 02:09:14 pm »

On the one hand, it seem obvious from observation that creative success does not solve all a person's problems just the way money does not solve all a person's problems. On the other hand, I would sure like to be successful enough to test that hypothesis.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 03:40:19 pm »

Mo' success, mo' problems.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 06:15:52 pm »

You know, I've never had a problem with money.  There have been times in my life when I had more money than I needed and it didn't cause me to start spending foolishly.  I consider myself fortunate in that regard.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 10:22:46 am »

if this fuck*ng guy comes out with another interview before another strip comes out

i seriously will hunt him down and kick his fuck*ng junk inside out

i mean is this guy even fuck*ng serious FUCK
Logged
ACHIEVE

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 02:24:26 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 04:43:09 pm »

***** God is On It!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 04:48:27 pm »

I dunno, he totally sounded like he was on crack or something. Did he used to be more or less coherent, or am I misremembering?

I suspect that he hates being interviewed, that this one was conducted via e-mail, and he took the opportunity to dash it off three sheets to the wind as a big "fuck you" to his "public."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 10:22:49 am »

I dreamt there was a new Achewood last night. It was animated, and beautiful. I was like, "If it takes him so long because he's doing something like this, that's okay."

Naturally, I do not remember what the strip was about.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 12:50:33 am »

I want to say that happened to inev before. Somebody discussed it here, anyway.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up