Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother  (Read 4443 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
« on: February 06, 2012, 04:48:32 pm »

Now go blow dry your hair so you look really good when you are eating nachos later.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 04:53:37 pm »

Hey - Paul and I made a thread at the exact same time!  I deleted mine.  The title was JL 33 A.O.K, which I thought was stupid, but I couldn't think of anything good for a subject line.  Good on Paul for keeping it simple.

Happy Birthday to the den mother! 

You are just slightly younger than me, but so much farther ahead on the family situation that I feel like you are a grown up and I am still a knuckle head.  Anyway, I hope you feel as much a grown up or knuckle head as you wish to on this fine day.

Cheers to you!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 05:04:00 pm »

Thanks, guys. I have already blow-dried and flat-ironed my hair, and I just finished painting my fingernails bright blue. It's been a "me" morning. Next I'm heading over to my MIL's for a birthday luncheon she's throwing, but it should be bearable because my mom and my BFF will both be there.

I don't like a big fuss on my bday, a nice card will do, so I told Pedro to let the kids "plan" my bday festivities because I thought they would have fun with it. Apparently, my birthday dinner is going to be at Chick-Fil-A -- not the one with the yellow slide that's close to our house, but the coveted blue slide store near Pedro's office. Fancy!

Also, as you may have seen on Facebook, I have decided that I am empirically hotter at 33 than I was at 23. I weigh 10 lbs less, my boobs are a full cup size bigger, and I have long sexy hair and better skin. I don't think there can be any argument about this. If I had time, I would find photos to prove it.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 05:25:05 pm »

You best find the time lady.  You can't be saying shit like that and not proving it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 05:35:39 pm »

You should've insisted on noodles from that one place in DC for your birthday.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 05:45:08 pm »

happy birthday to the baddest bitch!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 06:05:21 pm »

Birthday pics in the birthday suit is what I'm thinking.  Happy Delivery Day to your mom!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 06:07:28 pm »

Rock for not having to celebrate on the Superb Owl's day as well. You're the awesomest, JL!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 06:24:29 pm »

Heyo!  Have a very happy birthday JL.

Here's to the beginning of another year of you being rad.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 07:45:20 pm »

You should've insisted on noodles from that one place in DC for your birthday.

Concur. Cheap-Ass Noodle House FTW.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 08:36:38 pm »

Also, as you may have seen on Facebook, I have decided that I am empirically hotter at 33 than I was at 23.

Of course you are. Would you expect us to believe that you are getting worse instead of getting better every day?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 09:25:55 pm »

You best find the time lady.  You can't be saying shit like that and not proving it.

Submitted for evidence:

Exhibit A, wedding rehearsal dinner, Nov. 16, 2001:



Exhibit B, iPhone picture taken in bathroom mirror, Feb. 6, 2011:

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 09:27:15 pm »

You should've insisted on noodles from that one place in DC for your birthday.

I really should have. Maybe next year.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 09:32:32 pm »

Rock for not having to celebrate on the Superb Owl's day as well. You're the awesomest, JL!

I know this is not a popular opinion here, but my birthday falling between the Super Bowl and Valentine's Day every dang year has given me the same seething resentment for both events that is usually only matched by people whose birthdays fall too close to Christmas. Thankfully, my kids' birthdays are both near day-off holidays (President's Day and MLK Day) that make it easier to plan family events, not harder.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 10:06:57 pm »

Let's face it - no one is hot when they are holding a teddy bear.  The first picture is a little more candid (not so intentionally posed) looking and the second one you look like you are rocking your inner sassy on pretty well.  I am glad you feel more in touch with your inner hotness.  I'd say you look like the cooler, more confident sister of the girl with the teddy bear now.  That is a good thing.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up