Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Brandy  (Read 8409 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Brandy
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 04:49:51 pm »

OK, I listened to it.

I'd never heard it before and now I wish it had stayed that way.

How can this not be a lie. Dude, you grew up on earth, I know you did.



(How is it that firefox has a two-key combination that shuts it completely down? I am not a good typist, fuckers)




When I think Christian Brothers, I think this, and then I get depression. There's also this. Josh Homme seems like the kind of guy who only covered that so he could say "fuck" a lot.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Brandy
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 12:49:20 pm »

OK, I listened to it.

I'd never heard it before and now I wish it had stayed that way.

How didn't I give you the chance to hear this solid performance last week?



I'll leave as an exercise for the listener the task of finding Nikki Sixx's cover of Alone Again, Naturally.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:03:01 pm by Nabubrush »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Brandy
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 02:17:53 pm »

I went with E&J, btw
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Brandy
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 03:25:45 pm »

How didn't I give you the chance to hear this solid performance last week?

That was boss.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Brandy
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 04:30:36 pm »

john frusciante does rad covers.  i dig his singing voice so much.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Brandy
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 06:01:03 pm »

Alone Again, Naturally.

Damn.  You oughta have to give the audience the number for the suicide hotline before you perform that song.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Brandy
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 04:33:53 am »

Damn.  You oughta have to give the audience the number for the suicide hotline before you perform that song.

We've had quite a bit of discussion about that song around the ol' water cooler today. I did not realize that Sarah Vaughan covered it. That song is like the worst song ever.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Brandy
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 05:53:52 am »

Listen, dude, that didn't help and nothing prolly ever  will but thanks for trying, really. It's not you man, it's totally me.

I knew it wouldn't - just pokin' the toad. For some reason I always want that song to be by Boz Scaggs.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Brandy
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2012, 06:13:32 am »

Listen, I hear that. Boz Scaggs makes open sores sound like a better deal.

There's an Asherdandy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Brandy
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 05:12:36 pm »

Anthony Keidis must be played by 4 or 5 different people.  Dude has so many different looks.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Brandy
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 05:32:12 pm »

Anthony Keidis must be played by 4 or 5 different people.  Dude has so many different looks.

Just like Nic Cage! Nah, I'm just busting on him.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Brandy
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 07:09:07 pm »

That song is like the worst song ever.

On the contrary, it's an excellent song.  It's very effective at what it sets out to do -- make you want to jump off a bridge.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Brandy
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2012, 04:58:25 am »

On the contrary, it's an excellent song.  It's very effective at what it sets out to do -- make you want to jump off a bridge.

Well, or a tower.

It's battling I Don't Like Mondays for space in my head.

(Whenever I get to feeling froggy about being well-rounded, I consider Bob Geldof.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Brandy
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2012, 04:37:41 pm »

Could be worse - my co-worker is stuck with Alone Again (Naturally) thanks to me. And he never realized what the song was about until I told him.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Brandy
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 05:24:15 pm »

I'ma fire up my Billy Idol mix and use the cleansing fire to burn it out this afternoon. I don't think Brandy will stand up to that white headed dude and Stevie Stevens after the 14th or 24th repeat.

I think I'd rather hear Brandy.

But I'm not hearing either since Nabu has earwormed me into listening to Steely Dan since yesterday.  Ha ha, I win.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up