Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Whitney Houston dead at 48  (Read 7662 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Whitney Houston dead at 48
« on: February 12, 2012, 02:44:45 am »

What a shame.  I wasn't a huge fan, but I can't deny that she was a true talent.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Whitney Houston dead at 48
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 06:10:36 am »

If you couldn't see this one coming...

Still, I was surprised (mightily) that she outlasted Michael Jackson.  God knows what her life has been like since she last surfaced in the public eye.  I'm thinking the one thing more powerful than stupidity is the penchant for self destruction.  (Not mutually exclusive).  She didn't seem like a stupid person to me, but that was a vicious downward spiral she was in.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Whitney Houston dead at 48
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 02:23:49 pm »

Quote
@LieBot The saddest thing is that Newt Gingrich is still alive and Whitney Houston is dead.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Whitney Houston dead at 48
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 03:48:57 pm »

For some reason I thought Whitney Houston had turned her shit around. Then again, I knew Michael was fucked up but I didn't realize he was on hoss tranquilizers.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Whitney Houston dead at 48
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 02:12:05 am »

They Might Be Giants have retired their song Marty Beller Mask from live performances. Lyrics
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Whitney Houston dead at 48
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 06:14:09 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Whitney Houston dead at 48
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 03:42:25 pm »

Know what's 6 inches long and won't be getting sucked this Valentine's Day?

Whitney Houston's crackpipe.

Too soon?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: Whitney Houston dead at 48
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 03:54:40 pm »

It's never too soon for a tiny, refreshing can of Dr Pepper.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Whitney Houston dead at 48
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 04:10:05 am »

Know what's 6 inches long and won't be getting sucked this Valentine's Day?

Whitney Houston's crackpipe.

Too soon?

Surprisingly rough chuckles there. Remember, as Whitney said, crack is wack.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Whitney Houston dead at 48
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 03:48:38 pm »

It's not too soon.  Is it wrong that I automatically thought "most crack pipes aren't that big?"  I've never smoked crack BTW, but I've worked in support of enough people who do smoke it and have harm reduction training in safer crack use, meaning I've handled crack pipes and taught people how to use them more safely. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Whitney Houston dead at 48
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 07:36:10 pm »

I think we can all agree it doesn't matter how big your crack pipe is, it is how you use it.

Right?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Whitney Houston dead at 48
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 07:40:31 pm »

I think we can all agree it doesn't matter how big your crack pipe is, it is how you use it.

Right?

It DOES matter how big your can of Dr. Pepper is.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Whitney Houston dead at 48
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 07:45:57 pm »

Actually, the bigger it is the better I guess.  For safty sake the longer the pipe, the more the smoke will cool off and the less likely people are to burn their lips, mouth and lungs.  So no, in this case size does matter.  

That being said, most of the crack pipes I've seen are maybe three inches.  

Scary thing that people do:  instead of using pipe screens some folks use brillo pads or steel wool, which can't handle high heat and could have hella chemicals on them.  Even in the case of steel wool untreated with chemicals, heating it causes little bits to break off when smoked, and needless to say little bits of steel wool in the lungs can lead to serious health problems like lung infections, pnumonia and worse.  What I'm saying is if your gonna smoke crack, practice as much harm reduction as possible.  Also, don't do it alone in a bathroom not saying this is how Whitney died, but be safe.  Same goes for bennies really - don't take them and then be alone in enough water to drown you.  
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Whitney Houston dead at 48
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 07:52:05 pm »

Yeah, I have a crack pipe I use for liquid hash and research chemicals, I understand. 

I use that shit right.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Whitney Houston dead at 48
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 07:54:28 pm »

Steel-wool free lungs.  It's a good thing!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up