Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Basically, what it comes down to... (the Graffiti & Street Art thread)  (Read 1827 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

I've been driving past this little graffiti installation for a while now, and I kept meaning to take a picture.



I was tempted to add "like there's ants in your #####" to the bottom.

Kush is one of several interesting graffiti artists in the city.  I love to see photos of Graffiti and other street art so please use this thread to share any photos you capture, and I will do the same.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Basically, what it comes down to... (the Graffiti & Street Art thread)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 10:25:17 pm »

Did you mean to say ass in your #####?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Basically, what it comes down to... (the Graffiti & Street Art thread)
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 10:56:49 pm »

Oh man, I have been singing a version of that song to children in order to induce giggles for so long that I have forgotten my own self censorship!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Basically, what it comes down to... (the Graffiti & Street Art thread)
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 11:25:53 pm »

There is nothing that cool around here,  but I just found this site. Look at the buildings with tentacles coming out of them. I want some!
http://filthyluker.org/art-attacks/
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Basically, what it comes down to... (the Graffiti & Street Art thread)
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 05:52:21 am »

How about this one? (From my FB.)

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Basically, what it comes down to... (the Graffiti & Street Art thread)
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 05:56:10 am »

I'm pretty pleased about the interplay of the light.

The artist was kind enough to actually print the image out and paste it up there. Unfortunately, it's been removed.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Basically, what it comes down to... (the Graffiti & Street Art thread)
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 06:39:05 am »

Graffiti here is really shamefully bad, considering basically half the city is crumbling factories.

Although the other day I saw some that I thought summed up the city as a whole. Picture the scene:

To your right, the former site of Sportsman Park. Home of the Cardinals and the Browns until the 60s. Host of many World Series, now demolished.
To your left, decrepit/collapsing factory surrounded by barbed wire. On the wall of the factory is some graffiti:
STL CARDS WORLD SERIES 2011! with a big Cardinal next to it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Basically, what it comes down to... (the Graffiti & Street Art thread)
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 07:09:57 pm »

About 4 years ago I was at the Arlington Arts Center and one of the exhibits was a graffitied wall. The gallery hired a guy, then hung 8x10" canvasses random on one wall. They guy came in and painted the whole wall then they sold the canvasses at like $80 each. Elsewhere in the exhibit he'd tagged model trains with tiny graffiti. It was pretty cool but it was almost entirely red-dotted by the time I got there.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up