Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once  (Read 5322 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
« on: February 21, 2012, 05:40:46 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02202012

Onstad didn't even pre-announce this one!

The second newspaper is scarily accurate, given my experience with these things.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 06:05:04 am »

The second newspaper is scarily accurate, given my experience with these things.

Me too.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 06:15:20 am »

At least stad hasn't forgotten what made achewood great: abandoning cool, fascinating storylines. The man is a dadaist cocktease.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 06:50:33 am »

Doc, I...

I can't give you all the cans you deserve for this observation.

YOU DESERVE ALL THE CANS THERE WILL EVER BE.

You...

You're the doc, Doc.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 06:57:46 am »

My daddy never told me to look out for the no-good titty-lickers.  Man, this must be why I felt so unprepared for life.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 08:16:11 am »

In Portland, homeless folks buy Street Roots for a quarter and sell it for a dollar. They hang out around various places of business in my neighborhood. It's a pretty nice alternative to just accosting people and begging them for money.

As for the comic . . . I wonder if he's in Street Roots. He's not in the Merc anymore (other than the three food reviews that are going to end up getting printed).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 01:43:54 pm »

sometimes expectations lead to pleasant surprises.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 01:45:41 pm »

The depressed cat is concerned that he will offend a street cat if he refuses to buy the newspaper the street cat is selling.  The depressed cat has a mistaken impression regarding the publication's contents.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 02:23:24 pm »

The depressed cat is concerned that he will offend a street cat if he refuses to buy the newspaper the street cat is selling.  The depressed cat has a mistaken impression regarding the publication's contents.

I would like you to translate all instances of the comic in this fashion.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 03:00:14 pm »

I would like you to translate all instances of the comic in this fashion.

The effete bear is hindered from learning how to use his drum machine because the young otter is standing on the manual.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 04:27:17 pm »

I'm not good at this, but it kind of feels like how Achewood would be if it were written by a cross between Chekhov and Hemingway.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 04:51:52 pm »

Frankly I'd rather just give them a few bucks than buy something I don't want and am just going to throw away.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 05:06:24 pm »

I don't know - the thing I like about street roots is that they invest in it. It costs them money to do it. I'm sure it's naive and simplistic of me, but I'd rather see that than some dude with a smoke and a dog talking about how he just needs X dollars to get something to eat or whatever.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 05:17:11 pm »

Is the product worth the investment though? I used to buy the street newspapers once in a while, but I gave it up when one of the issues I bought had a two page article on how the government is lying to us about chemtrails. I'd much rather just give a dude a dollar and have him spend the whole dollar however he likes, than to give him seventy-five cents that he can spend however he likes, and twenty-five cents for an article about chemtrails.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 06:01:29 pm »

I've never seen anyone selling our local "Street Connections" paper, however I know who writes it and I get it emailed to me on the regular.  Ours is written more for street people (mostly directed at sex trade workers), but I'm thinking the thing Onstad is refering to is a paper written by street people?  If so, we don't have that sort of a paper.  Ours has a "bad johns" report and I always have to steel myself before reading it.  I ask myself "do I want to know how awful the world is today?"  Sometimes the answer is "no."  Yikes, we are still not even kinda close to gender equality out my way. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up