Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: All Things Lynchian  (Read 4209 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: All Things Lynchian
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 07:32:15 am »

David Lynch is exactly like coffee.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: All Things Lynchian
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 10:41:52 am »

I assume David Lynch coffee is like that Civet coffee.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: All Things Lynchian
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 10:49:24 am »

I assume David Lynch coffee is like that Civet coffee.

I almost went there. I just assumed everyone else would automatically.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: All Things Lynchian
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 02:20:17 pm »

I assume David Lynch coffee is like that Civet coffee.

There is a Danish stout brewed with civet coffee beans. Supposedly it is very good.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: All Things Lynchian
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 11:33:45 pm »

There is a Danish stout brewed with civet coffee beans. Supposedly it is very good.
Is it called David Lynch? or Danish Lynch, perhaps?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: All Things Lynchian
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 12:49:31 am »

There is a Danish stout brewed with civet coffee beans. Supposedly it is very good.

That sounds like everything that is good in life.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: All Things Lynchian
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 10:51:53 pm »

There's a new video for 'Crazy Clown Time' directed by Lynch.

NSFW on account of chesticles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6QJpY2VNP0E
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: All Things Lynchian
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2012, 02:39:47 am »

Well I really liked where they were going with the music, the guitar and strings, but then the dude started singing some retarded nonsense.  I hung around as long as I could because of the boobies, but I couldn't hang until the end.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: All Things Lynchian
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2012, 06:23:26 am »

Well I really liked where they were going with the music, the guitar and strings, but then the dude started singing some retarded nonsense.  I hung around as long as I could because of the boobies, but I couldn't hang until the end.

That's almost verbatim how my dad described going to the Monterey Pop Festival to me when I asked.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: All Things Lynchian
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2012, 12:46:27 pm »

I'd like to see all these characters in a movie.  

I read about a new documentary about David Lynch that's in production, and apparently Lynch is participating fully in the project, which is pretty exciting.  He talks very little about himself and I've always found him fascinating with his polite, sweethearted demeanor contrasted with the amazingly dark work he creates.  
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:34:40 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up