Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I HATE days like 09/01  (Read 13904 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« on: January 09, 2004, 02:44:45 pm »

heheh. just a linking strip, it seems, really, until he finds out they did it, but still enough space for some top jokes.
really onstad, you shouldn't have.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 03:30:41 pm »

Biggest laugh for me: alt text.  ( Apparently Onstad tunes down to N. Take that, Korn! )
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 03:57:16 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Biggest laugh for me: alt text.  ( Apparently Onstad tunes down to N. Take that, Korn! )

That's a very tricky chord.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 04:03:18 pm »

just a quick point though, while i'm here holding my guitar...

[pedant] onstad seems to think that EGBDF (of every good boy deserves fruit/football/etc...) is a guitar tuning when in fact it's just an aide-memoire for learning to read music, and it wouldn't really make any sense to tune a guitar like that. [/pedant]

still, the idea of tuning down to N really appeals to me. feel those fuck*ng bass notes.  :evil:
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 04:22:22 pm »

Well, he never mentioned the guitar.  Besides, if that were a guitar tuning there'd only be five strings, and that N would be a HIGH N.

Anyway, you people have not been using the best lines as thread subject lines.

PLEASE CORRECT THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 04:25:30 pm »

I took it to mean E G B D G(Natural).  Of course, why would you say G (Natural)?  Also, that would be a highly fucked up way to tune a guitar.  Perhaps it's a sitar tuning.  Or a dobro.

Or maybe it's a tuning designed to accomodate the fingering (clawing?) limitations of a cat's paw.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2004, 04:27:50 pm »

Quote from: "palm trees"
just a quick point though, while i'm here holding my guitar...

[pedant] onstad seems to think that EGBDF (of every good boy deserves fruit/football/etc...) is a guitar tuning when in fact it's just an aide-memoire for learning to read music, and it wouldn't really make any sense to tune a guitar like that. [/pedant]

still, the idea of tuning down to N really appeals to me. feel those fuck*ng bass notes.  :evil:


It's clearly "Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge" anybody who says differently will be dealt with severely by the Legions of Terror.

That reminds of the bass player for the Kelly Bell Band who has an 8-string. His bass is wider than he is. It could easily go to N. Or 11.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2004, 04:38:13 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Anyway, you people have not been using the best lines as thread subject lines.


Seconded. I was very disappointed to see that this thread was not entitled some kind of low shenanigan. People, people - how often do we really have an excuse to use the word shenanigan?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2004, 04:47:36 pm »

"Low shenanigan" the best line in today's comic?

Are you all split on green?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2004, 06:19:06 pm »

Tuning down to N would stuff your ears with thick Bass steaks.

My stupor this morning has not allowed me to assimilate the phrase "are you all split on green?" It sounds like something bad happening to your ##### (Pantalones) while playing twister.... Help.

EDITED to say DAMMIT ALL TO HELL AND BACK ABOUT THE SLACKS/TROUSERS ETC...
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2004, 06:28:14 pm »

I think Beef was "split on green" after his encounter with Nightlife Mingus on the golf-course.

And by that I do not mean that he damaged the putting surface of the course.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2004, 06:45:11 pm »

I am going to start using the phrases "some kind of low shenanigan" and "split on green" as soon and as often as possible. "Another Deep Space 9 marathon? Oh, come on, that's a real low shenanigan right there, Rondelle."
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2004, 06:47:08 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I think Beef was "split on green" after his encounter with Nightlife Mingus on the golf-course.

And by that I do not mean that he damaged the putting surface of the course.


That makes sense to me after coffee. Thank you. After all, it was only 8 am here when I posted.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2004, 06:53:33 pm »

OK, maybe it's just because I am stupid, or because I grew up in Seattle, or both, but when I first saw the text I thought of Mudhoney's classic album, 'Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge'.  In that case, the "dropped tuning" would be in reference to the custom of certain bands of that region and era to drop tune (not that it was unique to them).  But, hell, what do I know?


Quote from: "palm trees"
just a quick point though, while i'm here holding my guitar...

[pedant] onstad seems to think that EGBDF (of every good boy deserves fruit/football/etc...) is a guitar tuning when in fact it's just an aide-memoire for learning to read music, and it wouldn't really make any sense to tune a guitar like that. [/pedant]

still, the idea of tuning down to N really appeals to me. feel those fuck*ng bass notes.  :evil:
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2004, 07:03:10 pm »

Yeah, but standard guitar tuning is EADGBE and the most common dropped tuning (as I recall) would be GADGBE.  Neither of which is similar to EGDBF.

EGDBF is a handy mnemonic for remembering the notes on the lines of the treble clef.  The spaces are FACE.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up