Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I HATE days like 09/01  (Read 13877 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2004, 07:05:55 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Yeah, but standard guitar tuning is EADGBE and the most common dropped tuning (as I recall) would be GADGBE.  Neither of which is similar to EGDBF.

EGDBF is a handy mnemonic for remembering the notes on the lines of the treble clef.  The spaces are FACE.


Would that be EGBDF? Or have I been saying the alphabet wrong for the past 32 years?

Edited to poke at August West and say that hopefully, Alex won't ask you any questions too much harder than singing the alphabet song... :twisted:
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2004, 07:15:21 pm »

[Moe] Quiet you!  I'll brain you, porcupine! [/moe]
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2004, 07:33:41 pm »

I must admit to not knowing what "split on green" means.

And I was always taught it was either:

Every Good Boy Deserves Fun
or
Every Good Boy Does Fine

And for the bass clef (GBDFA), my old piano teacher, Jules Cavalier, made one up so the girls wouldn't be left out:

Girls Buy Dolls For Amusement.

Yeah.

And I don't remember anything for the bass clef white spaces (ACEG) - I always just thought "Ace G" which was kind of a proto-hip-hop lingo from my childhood (before there was a thing called "hip-hop".

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2004, 07:45:47 pm »

All Cars Eat Gas

OR

All Cows Eat Grass
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2004, 07:52:12 pm »

Ah, you're right.  All Cows Eat Grass.

Excuse my forgetfulness.

I later became a guitar player, anyway, which meant that the bass clef had little to offer me.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2004, 07:55:39 pm »

Erotic Germans Buy Dirty Fotos
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2004, 08:32:43 pm »

We always "D-tuned" our gee-tars, making the low E a D.  Made for easy bar chords and allowed one to play Soundgarden and Helmet songs.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2004, 08:35:30 pm »

Eager Gardeners Brighten Dingy Flowers.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2004, 08:36:40 pm »

Elvis Goes Bang During Funerals
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2004, 08:40:06 pm »

Ernie Gives Bert Dramatic Fellatio
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2004, 08:42:19 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
We always "D-tuned" our gee-tars, making the low E a D.  Made for easy bar chords and allowed one to play Soundgarden and Helmet songs.


Although my favourite Soundgarden track (to play at any rate) is in CGCGGE. Which is fun.
I tend to have my guitar tuned down 3 steps, in C, which just sounds fantastic really loud through a good amp. Gives for the finest ludicrously bassy playing.

It was always every good boy deserves favour when I was taught it.
I always hated them, they're all so fuck*ng twee.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2004, 08:44:21 pm »

Eskimo Girls Brave Drastic Frost

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2004, 09:22:42 pm »

Every Good Bean Delivers Farts

I think I should be done with this now.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2004, 09:30:19 pm »

August, you are rad.
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2004, 10:18:51 pm »

Quote from: "slink"

It was always every good boy deserves favour when I was taught it.
I always hated them, they're all so fuck*ng twee.


Wasn't there an Album called that?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up