Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I HATE days like 09/01  (Read 13879 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2004, 10:25:58 pm »

"I always hated them, they're so fuck*ng twee,"?  Dang, that's kind of a harsh album name.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2004, 10:58:19 pm »

Elmer Gantry Blows Dan Fogelberg.

Moody Blues: Every Good Boy Deserves Favour.
Mudhoney: Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge.

200 posts.  Lordy.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2004, 11:12:55 pm »

Okay, I'll try my hand at these mnemonic devices for EGBDF:

Eurydice Goes Below Down Fireward

Eliot's Got Big Daughter Fear

Extraterrestrials Gallivant Bellicose Disillusioning Fabianism

Every Girl Belches Diarrheic Fandango

Etruscan Girls Bite Dick Freely

Even Gustave's Bastille Damages France

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2004, 12:17:59 am »

And while I'm thinking about it: What is "Twee"?
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2004, 01:05:14 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
And while I'm thinking about it: What is "Twee"?


Erm. Kind of like kitsch but more horrible.
Things that are nothing but nice. So fuck*ng pleasant and inoffensive and sickening. Something like that.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2004, 01:26:42 am »

like Precious Moments figurines? Blue Mountain Arts cards? My Little Pony?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2004, 02:17:51 am »

or Edgar Guest.

Which reminds me:

Edgar Guest Bites Donkey Flop.


And wow!  You really gotta watch out for those Etruscan chicks!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2004, 02:57:41 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I must admit to not knowing what "split on green" means.

I assumed it was referring to one's condition when life has become awesome. As it were.

(Using Achewood slang to define Achewood slang. This is become a recursive nightmare.)
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2004, 03:49:42 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
And while I'm thinking about it: What is "Twee"?


Erm. Kind of like kitsch but more horrible.
Things that are nothing but nice. So fuck*ng pleasant and inoffensive and sickening. Something like that.


Sounds sort of like glurge
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2004, 06:45:43 am »

Argh!

You lazy fuckers.  Twee is a real word.  It's in the fuck*ng dictionary.

It means overly precious or nice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2004, 07:15:52 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
And while I'm thinking about it: What is "Twee"?


Erm. Kind of like kitsch but more horrible.
Things that are nothing but nice. So fuck*ng pleasant and inoffensive and sickening. Something like that.


And this is how you see The Moody Blues?  Well i'm not going to defend them because they aren't that important, but that doesn't seem quite right to me.  Your description sounds like your describing a Hallmark card.

EDIT:  Ok, that was meant to be sort of ironic and followed up with a link entitled "oh wait a minute never mind" because there really was a Moody Blues Hallmark Card.  I remember seeing it at one time, but it apparently doesn't exist anymore or I can't find it.  Anyway...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

ndpatel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sixtyeights.com
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2004, 12:07:59 pm »

am i the only one who always wondered why these mneomics were invented? cause, i mean, it's just EFGABCDEF when you put the lines and spaces together. i blew people's minds with this information in high school. why the run-around? anyone?
Logged

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2004, 02:32:07 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
I tend to have my guitar tuned down 3 steps, in C, which just sounds fantastic really loud through a good amp. Gives for the finest ludicrously bassy playing.


i quite dig system of a down's tuning, which is invariably dropped d, but then down another tone (CGCFAD). fuck*ng yes.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2004, 02:45:01 pm »

Twee always puts me in mind of belle and sebastian, a band to whom I often hear that label applied.
Logged
goose means greedy

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2004, 04:13:07 pm »

Yeah, I thought twee was a style of music that's like emo, only lighter, more jangly, and cuter.  Like, for 14 year old girls who are too mature for Britney Spears.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up