Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I HATE days like 09/01  (Read 13886 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2004, 07:39:13 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
... a winter vacation in Lincoln, Nebraska,


I think I've just blown my cerebral cortex trying to get my brain to accept this concept.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2004, 07:51:37 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
... a winter vacation in Lincoln, Nebraska,


I think I've just blown my cerebral cortex trying to get my brain to accept this concept.

See, uh, it's where my parents live? So it's where I go for Christmas? Even though nobody particularly wants to spend their Christmas in Nebraska?

Yeah, I know, this is pretty tricky.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2004, 08:59:05 pm »

I always thought Nebraska was a made-up place. I also thought that of Timbuktu, though. And they are right next to each other!



In Oz!
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2004, 09:38:59 pm »

I suspect Kalamazoo is also in that general vicinity.
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2004, 09:42:20 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I suspect Kalamazoo is also in that general vicinity.


That's closer to Kokomo, but I think you are right.
Logged

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2004, 10:05:57 pm »

i know one of those is pretty close to tipperary...
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2004, 10:21:37 pm »

I thought rabid obsession with college sports of any kind was just a stereotype of places like Oklahoma. I didn't realize such craziness actually took place.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2004, 11:10:41 pm »

Quote from: "palm trees"
i know one of those is pretty close to tipperary...


I spent hours persuading someone that wasn't in England the other night. And he was from fuck*ng England as well... And there was an Irishman present...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2004, 11:26:54 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I thought rabid obsession with college sports of any kind was just a stereotype of places like Oklahoma. I didn't realize such craziness actually took place.

I could tell you stories. Oh, I could tell you stories...
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2004, 11:38:06 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "palm trees"
i know one of those is pretty close to tipperary...


I spent hours persuading someone that wasn't in England the other night. And he was from fuck*ng England as well... And there was an Irishman present...


Perhaps neither of them would take the word of a Scot?

Just thinking out loud here...
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2004, 11:41:57 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I suspect Kalamazoo is also in that general vicinity.


Actually, Kalamazoo isn't far from Hell.  

Check a map if you don't believe me.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2004, 01:22:01 am »

My cousin was born in Intercourse . . .
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2004, 02:13:53 am »

Isn't intercourse frighteningly close to Amish Country?
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2004, 02:17:37 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Isn't intercourse frighteningly close to Amish Country?


Indeed, says the guy who went to college in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.  Other nearby towns are Blue Ball, Paradise, and Bird-in-Hand.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I HATE days like 09/01
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2004, 02:42:23 pm »

This is true.  All of those towns are right next to each other in Lancaster County - only two counties over from Philly, or about an hour's drive.

I went to college not *too* far from there.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up