Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Poll

A Mixtape Todd Found on a Dumpster and Decided to Hang Onto [Rate this Mixdisc]

1 stars
- 0 (0%)
2 stars
- 0 (0%)
3 stars
- 3 (50%)
4 stars
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: January 09, 2004, 06:55:13 pm


Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Frickin' Awesome  (Read 9063 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Frickin' Awesome
« on: January 09, 2004, 06:51:34 pm »

I don't know how much trading has been going on, but I just recieved my first offering from our Limmo.  (btw, if anyone has a mixdisc on offer, i'm interested and will reciprocate).  I noticed there hasn't been any discussion of these disc in here so i'll break the ice and say that Limmo's "A mixtape Todd found on a dumpster and decided to hang on to" is frickin' awesome!!!  Good pace, leaning toward the upbeat, with lots of great songs.  A great party disc I would think.  Some of the songs and artist I knew and some I didn't which is good.  A little mix of the familiar with the new.  I've listened to it several times and I intend to give it many more spins.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Frickin' Awesome
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 07:35:36 pm »

I got that one too (mine will be mailed shortly, I promise).

I really like the three I have heard so far.

Mine won't have a cool name like that, though.

Anyway, I love hearing the cool new music, and must concur that Limmo indeed knows really awesome tunes and was kind enough to share them with me (and Paul, evidently).

The rest of you are *so* out of the inner circle loop.  Nanner nanner on you.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Frickin' Awesome
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 08:05:04 pm »

Mine are burned and will be mailed over the weekend.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Frickin' Awesome
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 08:16:07 pm »

I also believe that the mixes I've recived thus far are things of beauty.  Not like that crappy one I sent out.  

Here here for folks with good taste, sending me songs by bands that I a)had heard of, but never heard and b)ended up really enjoying.  Good on 'ya.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Frickin' Awesome
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 10:54:18 pm »

Bun of a sitch, my disc got it's very own poll!  They grow up so fast.

Carlosdelvaca's disc will be in the mail by tomorrow; never got a reply back from AugustWest.  

Glad you guys enjoyed the tunes.  sjlimmer and Andalucia both pointed me towards artists I'd never thought about ( Yo La Tengo; Jim O'Rourke ); I look forward to the next batch.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Frickin' Awesome
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2004, 03:10:51 am »

I really will try to get my mix off the ground soon. As for mixes I've received, I just got sjlimmer's (gave Jough contact info, but it was apparently not meant to be) and have not listened to it yet, but it looks keen.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Frickin' Awesome
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2004, 03:58:20 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
...but it looks keen.


Wow.
Keen.
Superb!

Anyway, I'm sulking, what with airmail costs and the chances of VAT getting slapped on shit.
Fuckers.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Frickin' Awesome
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2004, 06:44:12 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
(gave Jough contact info, but it was apparently not meant to be)


God DAMMIT you KNOW I'm hardly ever frikkin' AWAKE when the post office is open.

It's coming, it's coming.

And I *ahem* haven't received a mix from you yet, either.

*humph*

V-Adore

  • Guest
Frickin' Awesome
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2004, 07:42:19 am »

Quote from: "jough"

And I *ahem* haven't received a mix from you yet, either.

*humph*

As soon as I actually get a mix together, it will be yours. (Well, once I get contact info, anyway.)
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Frickin' Awesome
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2004, 03:00:28 pm »

I'm here to testify that the discs I've gotten have also been rad, and I'm happy that there have been no embarassing moments of someone using exactly the same song as I did (close enough though: different songs by the same [relatively obscure] band, and different versions of the same [albeit an obvious choice] song.  Curse you all and your impeccable taste!)

sjlimmer, I swear I am working on getting your disc mailed!
Logged
goose means greedy

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Frickin' Awesome
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2004, 04:38:10 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
different versions of the same [albeit an obvious choice] song.


The song she refers to is John Cale's "Andalucia", included on my CD as the track from Paris 1919, and on hers as the Yo La Tengo cover.  

I was going to include the original version of The Knack's "My Sharona," which was called "Choopernickel," but I seem to have lost my copy.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Frickin' Awesome
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2004, 04:44:32 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
I was going to include the original version of The Knack's "My Sharona," which was called "Choopernickel," but I seem to have lost my copy.


No shit? I never knew that.

oh god what about my cred oh god there it goes
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Frickin' Awesome
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2004, 06:52:55 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"

sjlimmer, I swear I am working on getting your disc mailed!


Um, I already got it, a few days ago.  It's very nice.  If you really want to send another, well, I guess you can.  I could pass it on to someone who needs to be musically enriched.

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I just got sjlimmer's...and have not listened to it yet, but it looks keen.


Wow, I made a dic that looks keen.  You have no idea what high praise I consider that.  Thanks.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Frickin' Awesome
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2004, 08:30:39 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Um, I already got it, a few days ago.  It's very nice.  If you really want to send another, well, I guess you can.  I could pass it on to someone who needs to be musically enriched.


Huh.  Wow, I'm more efficient than I'd thought.  Egad.
Logged
goose means greedy

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Frickin' Awesome
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2004, 03:39:58 am »

Shut up Al Green!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up