Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Black, Green and all Points in between...  (Read 4687 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Black, Green and all Points in between...
« on: March 01, 2012, 08:35:41 pm »


« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:48:13 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Black, Green and all Points in between...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 08:51:33 pm »

Oolong isn't what I'd call a traditional black tea. This gives a good brief description of the difference in the way they are made:
http://uptontea.com/shopcart/information/INFOteaTypes.asp#oolong

I drink both green and black and sometimes oolong and don't think this is a choice that needs to rest on health benefits. But you might want to reconsider that lemon. Why ruin a nice tea like that?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Black, Green and all Points in between...
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 09:06:29 pm »

Black = fermented, Oolong = partially fermented, Green = unfermented, right?

I drink black in the morning and green in the afternoon, mainly because black is supposed to have more caffeine.  However, I seem to get as much of a lift from the green, possibly because it has all kinds of other alkaloids in it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Black, Green and all Points in between...
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 12:01:50 am »

I'm a major tea dork. Lately I've been drinking Assam tea, but I also like Oolong varieties  or an Earl Grey or other black tea variations.  I'm also really into a variety of herbals - but not the fruity kinds.  I usually go for loose leaf.

Ash, do you know that many folks prefer Oolong on the second or third flush?  I'm one of them.  I typically just dump the first flush, then use the leaves two or three more times over the next couple days.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Black, Green and all Points in between...
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 12:44:13 am »

I pretty much drink 85 percent Earl Grey, 10 percent Lady Grey, and five percent other teas. Regardless of the tea I always drink it without milk, sugar, or lemon.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Black, Green and all Points in between...
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 02:00:20 am »

I love tea, but I can't drink it anymore due to circumstances.

But I was never a snob about it.  I mostly drank iced tea so...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Black, Green and all Points in between...
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 03:13:14 am »

I pretty much drink 85 percent Earl Grey, 10 percent Lady Grey, and five percent other teas. Regardless of the tea I always drink it without milk, sugar, or lemon.

Oooh, I love Lady Grey, but I never find it loose, only in the Twinning's Bagged variety.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Black, Green and all Points in between...
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 05:00:15 am »

An Oolong Flush sounds like a New Age holistic treatment of some kind.

Like a colonic of sweet-and-sour soup or something.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: Black, Green and all Points in between...
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 06:01:33 am »

I drink Darjeeling, from the tea bags.  Milk and one sugar, please.  I've never had a green tea.  I don't believe I've ever witnessed anyone else have a green tea.

See http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/ for all your common person's tea and biscuit concerns.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Black, Green and all Points in between...
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 11:39:11 pm »

So...I was bopping around last weekend and realized I had one of those skritchy headaches that kinda lurk around the back and side of your head.

After a while I figured out I hadn't any tea, so I drank a cup and the headache went away.

That's how it started for me. Now I can't drink tea at all because even a small break causes massive days long headaches.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Black, Green and all Points in between...
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 01:32:16 am »

Do not put lemon in your tea. That's all I got.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Black, Green and all Points in between...
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 07:14:25 am »

so yeah take a good black tea, add a shot of bourbon and a dash or two of orange bitters and damn if you don't got a fine cocktail
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Black, Green and all Points in between...
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 01:55:34 pm »

yep


*wink*
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Black, Green and all Points in between...
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 04:09:38 pm »

how long do you steep your tea? The internet says around 5 minutes, but that makes my tea taste like leaf-water instead of TEA. I normally put it in my travel mug and leave the bag in on the drive to work, ~15 minutes. Maybe this is because I have crappy tea.

The cool asian market near my house has the loose-leaf version of the tea I like, so maybe I'll try that one day soon.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Black, Green and all Points in between...
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 04:54:06 pm »

I drink a black or a chai with some soy milk.

When I drink chai, I'll toss in a sugar cube since it brings out the flavor of the spices.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up