Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh  (Read 5512 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Rush Limbaugh
« on: March 07, 2012, 04:50:21 pm »

Ok, I got your attention.

Did everyone see the Funny or Die video about women's reproductive health? I didn't put it in the YT thread, because it isn't a YT page. Apologies if I missed it somewhere.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 04:57:11 pm »

i saw that before and LOL'd.  lady-plumbing is some crazy shit.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 05:25:13 pm »

I saw that before, yeah. It was...meh. Maybe it would be funnier if it weren't so close to true.

Can we talk about Rush now? Because that asswipe douchebag has my panties in the biggest twist since the Tea Bagging buttmunch school board decided to do away with my local school integration policy. That filthy fucker has gone so far beyond the pale this time that I am really hoping he loses everything he has and then some over this. Here's hoping the rest of society shames him publicly the way he tried to shame Ms. Fluke. Fortunately, he's too much of an idiot to know how much he hurt the Republican argument by mere association.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 05:29:28 pm »

it really sucks that people take him seriously.  hes not an expert on anything, he just talks shit for a living.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 05:34:40 pm »

I am really at a loss about why calling this lady a mean name is worse than all the other stuff he has said/done.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 05:48:35 pm »

I am not sure what exactly pissed people off about this one so much more than everything else wretched he's said over the past however many years it's been.

My hope, though (as a flaming liberal) is that the recent Komen Foundation/Planned Parenthood dust-up has awakened people on the left to the power of mobilization. Why let the Tea Party have all the fun? The right's willingness and ability to get people fired up and making noise about something has given the far right more power in this country than it should have (i.e. I believe there aren't as many ultra-conservatives out there as the media makes it out to be; they just yell louder). So maybe we'll see more of this coming from the left now.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 06:30:37 pm »

great, now I can hate everyone in the world, including the people I mostly agree with.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 07:59:20 pm »

right wing, get lost.  left wing, get lost.  the breasts are in the middle.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 08:03:47 pm »

I knew this was going to go over pretty well.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 08:06:00 pm »

I am really at a loss about why calling this lady a mean name is worse than all the other stuff he has said/done.

Did you read his "apology?" Before that, I was like, assholes stink, not breaking news here. But that "I'm sorry but not really" thing reall got to me for some reason. Like, he is no longer a guy who doesn't know he's a douchebag. He's such a fuckhead that even when people who normally agree with him say, "woah, too far" he won't own up to it.

That's my issue of the week anyway.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 08:07:58 pm »

I covered the part I was going to say on the other part of the internet. If dude was just preaching his usual hate, cool. He's just such a fuck*ng hypocrite about it, though.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 09:25:44 pm »

Yeah, that was a pretty terrible apology.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 10:17:37 pm »

Fauxpology.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 11:01:26 pm »

When you break off and start attacking the subject of your apology again, it is not an apology.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 12:37:00 am »

My favorite was when he said "I chose my words poorly." Yes, you did. Repeatedly. Over a period of three days. That's kind of like saying, "I didn't mean to stab him...seventeen times."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up