Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Some shit about arcades or some such  (Read 8735 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Some shit about arcades or some such
« on: March 22, 2012, 05:23:31 pm »


« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:48:44 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 05:49:12 pm »

Sometimes I really fuck*ng like it here.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 06:02:18 pm »

That's all well and good, but when we were at Great Wolf I won 250 tickets in a single go from the arcade version of Wheel of Fortune. That felt pretty damned awesome.

The kids each got to pick out a small, lame toy, but seeing that many tickets come out of the machine at once felt a little bit like being in Vegas.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 06:07:37 pm »

but seeing that many tickets come out of the machine at once felt a little bit like being in Vegas.
You mean your head ached as though from a poorly rested hangover, your clothes smelled of stale cigarette smoke and your stomach churned from over-salted food?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 06:43:18 pm »

seeing that many tickets come out of the machine at once felt a little bit like being in Vegas.

Or that you were pleading with the pawn broker to just give you ten more dollars for your engagement diamond so you could get enough money to but a plane ticket out of town.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 06:45:05 pm »

We may as well go ahead and make this thread about how I've never been to Vegas except in video games. We can just do that now.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 07:00:56 pm »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 07:25:57 pm »

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 08:01:09 pm »

I live in a casino (Reno, NV) for a week out of every month.   The casino scene gets old.   The same geriatric people smoking endless cigarettes while pushing a button on a blinky blinky machine.

It's OK Jayell.   You're not missing anything.   If you DO decide to go to Vegas... plan 3 days.   By day three, I've noticed most folks have seen all they want and are ready to take off.

(Also, I did a comedy set in a Reno bar last night.   They smoke inside.   It felt like I was in an episode of Mad Men.    Not entirely because of the smoking, but also because it was a little racism, and no lady comics.)
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 08:24:12 pm »

I agree with Ash, arcades are bullshit anymore. I miss old-school games at Aladdin's Castle at the mall. Good times.

Also, I love the living shit out of Las Vegas, and I wish I could go there more often. I think 4 days is a good length of trip, but I'm insane like that; smick is probably right that for most people or first-timers, a three-day weekend is quite enough.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 08:27:59 pm »

Going too far off the Strip in Vegas, though, is a great way to get sad.

Bubble pop, abandoned city.

Except for the Pinball Hall of Fame. Just spend a week there.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 08:55:15 pm »

Except for the Pinball Hall of Fame. Just spend a week there.

Here here.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 09:02:17 pm »

I think hear hear?


I hate Vegas like poison.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 09:22:30 pm »

im not into: gambling, whores, being around cigarette smoke

vegas isnt for me.

i guess most of the entire earth is not for me.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 09:23:20 pm »

My grandparents lived in Vegas.   So for most of my life, it was a quiet, in bed by 10 kinda city for me.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up