Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some shit about arcades or some such  (Read 8753 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2012, 10:00:33 pm »

We're redoing the other half of our basement (opposite the bandroom/bar) and I think I'mma pull the trigger on a pinball machine.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2012, 12:40:16 am »

Come to the Arcade Expo with me.  You can pick up some good deals at the show.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2012, 02:01:32 am »

Come to the Arcade Expo with me.  You can pick up some good deals at the show.

That crazy car of yours is a time machine?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012, 09:27:39 am »

That crazy car of yours is a time machine?

That would be cool, but no.  They obviously haven't put up any info about this years event.  It's still a few months off yet.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, 04:31:12 pm »

And there aren't that many whores just walking around (I think in all my trips to Vegas I have been approached by a woman I thought was possibly a lady of the night exactly once).

I found myself alone in the Stratosphere at like three in the morning, and this somewhat attractive black woman approached me. She needed help with her shoe or something, and after some chitchat she said "$150 and you can fuck me anyway you like." I was at a loss for words and eventually got out that I had a girlfriend (I did at the time), and then she asked me to buy her a drink. I got out of there because I knew I was too weak not to give in after a couple more minutes. I'm convinced I was the target of an undercover operation.

And of course you have the "flippers" who hand out cards and brochures for "escort and entertainment" services at various places on the strip, and if you called up one of those you could probably get whatever you wanted for the right price. But it's easy enough to ignore.

I'm pretty good at ignoring those guys, but one time as I was walking past and it sounded like one of them kept saying "donkey show? donkey show?" I stopped, turned around and he said it again, clearly. Damn I'm glad my friends were there to pull me away. Way too curious.

Sorry if I killed the idea of Vegas for you again, GKA.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2012, 04:43:28 pm »

[[shrug]] im way too poor to enjoy any of that.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2012, 07:23:58 pm »

My first time in Vegas the card guys just blew me away. We came to the strip from a couple blocks away, and by the time we got near we were wading through basically porno trading cards. I had never seen anything like it.

Ah, innocent youth.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 12:37:57 am »

We totally collected over 100 of those in the 2 hours we were in vegas and then made a little theatre out of the crack in the mold in the dashboard where the air bag is.  It made Arizona better.

Actually Arizona is fuck*ng beautiful, just the people there blow (and by blow I mean are racist scum bags) (and by blow I also mean they are kinda selgiraffe dicks for living in the desert and pretending that they don't- water is what I am talking about here.)

One time I went on a crazy road trip through Colorado, Utah, Nevada, California, Arizona and New Mexico.  Vegas was my least favorite place we stopped, and we also stopped at a big green plaster dinosaur by a gas station in the middle of nowhere in Western Colorado or Utah.  So yeah.  Also, I was on a shit ton of speed, which is probably how you should see Vegas.  Unfortunately, though, I had been up for at least 2 days, so I needed that shit and it wasn't as euphoric as it otherwise could have been.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2012, 01:19:29 am »

That dinosaur (or one very like it) shows up in Fallout New Vegas.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2012, 01:33:22 pm »

I think everyone collects as many escort cards/brochures as they can on their first trip to Vegas. Then you're over it.

The trip I made with the whole family, after the kids were in bed the missus would go out for a while, then she'd come back and I'd go out to play cards or some such. So the one night I'm walking north from the Flamingo (I think I had decided to check out the Wynn) and a woman walking alone the other way said "Hey, how you doing?" She was very blonde, pretty but heavily made up, some kind of fur stole, short skirt, heels. I said "Hey" and kept walking. Then I thought "I believe that was some sort of prostitute. Saw a guy out walking alone and thought she'd say hello."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2012, 05:18:49 pm »

*fliiiick* *ticka* *ticka* *ticka* "Free Coupons!  Free Coupons!"  *fliiiiick* *ticka* *ticka* "No porn! Free Coupons!"
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2012, 08:20:28 pm »

That dinosaur (or one very like it) shows up in Fallout New Vegas.

Yeah, actually, 99% of what I know about Vegas comes from this game. It's...a bit sad, really.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2012, 09:49:14 pm »

My experience, after playing that game and going to Vegas maybe four times: the game was better.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Some shit about arcades or some such
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 01:38:45 am »

You just made my day, Nabu.

I loaned Fallout 3 to a guy yesterday because he enjoys shooters and he grew up in DC. I hope he likes it; I would hate to have to stop being his friend.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up